I just arrived and it already feels like home...

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by zettapixel, Aug 13, 2010.

1. zettapixel

zettapixel Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 12, 2010
    NY
    well, almost.
    I've been in POTN and especially dpreview (RomanB) forums for about 5 years and see some familiar faces (so to speak) here as well. Amin, Brian, I've enjoyed reading your posts elsewhere before and will surely do here.

Well, after waiting for a 1.5 years for a perfect affordable m43 cam I decided I should pass the learning curve first and so E-P1 is snached on ebay. I doubt photokina will affect the price much, $300 I think is a bottom for another year.
    Panny 20/1.7 was in my plans since the first samples were on the net. GF1 + 20/1.7 is much cheaper but, despite being a Canon DSLR user for 6 years, or, maybe, because of it, I'm a big fan of IBIS idea.

I live in NY area (Brooklyn at present) and the middle of the summer is a slow time with all the heat, humidity and haze and most of the flowers gone, which gives me ample time to make bad photos until I get used to the new way of shooting.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Hi Roman, great to see you find your way home :friends: :2thumbs:

I hope you will share some of your photos and impressions of your new E-P1 with us, it's a great bargain at last!

Cheers

Brian

3. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

Roman, thanks for your introduction and welcome. I sincerely doubt you're making "bad photos" but I do understand the learning curve on any new camera. Very smart of you to bide your time and snag that great buy. I'll be looking forward to your involvement here.:biggrin:

4. Vidar

Vidar Mu-43 Top Veteran Charter Member

Dec 31, 2009
    Bergen, Norway
    Congrats, the E-P1 ruuuules!:hail:

5. JoepLX3

JoepLX3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 13, 2010
    Japan
    Welcome here!!!
    - E-P1 versus GF1 is a tight game, some like the build-in flash, others IBIS, but are damned good camera's given their compactness, especially icw a pancake lens like for example the 20 mm F1.7.

6. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Thankfully, while certainly interested, we're not obsessed with kit comparisons here... the photographer is far more important to us :biggrin: :friends:

Cheers

Brian

• Like Like x 4
  7. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome Roman.

8. greg57

greg57 Mu-43 Regular

Aug 6, 2010
    Istanbul
    Gregory Dziedzic
    Hello and welcome. It DOES feel like home indeed ;)

9. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Hello and welcome here !

10. zettapixel

zettapixel Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 12, 2010
    NY
    Thank you, everybody