I have enjoyed the forum - thank you

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by Jonas B, Jun 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jonas B

Jonas B Guest

Apr 23, 2010
    Gothenburg, Sweden
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I deleted Jonas' post, the bottom line of which was that he is leaving Mu-43 because I made the decision to disallow any politics or religion on this site.

Jonas, best wishes in your internet travels.

To all, as I said when I closed the pub, this matter is not open for another discussion on mu-43.com. I am not against member discussion of site policy, but we have had two redundant, very long discussions about this particular policy, and having another one is only going to have a negative impact on morale without helping anyone.

It's not as if our little Micro 4/3 photography forum is the last bastion of free expression. There are thousands of other sites where you can talk politics. Many of them are photography sites: DPReview, GetDPI, Rangefinderforum, Leica User Forum, Photo.net, etc and the list goes on.

July 13, 2010 Addendum:

I have been asked to clarify that Jonas' post, now deleted, specifically indicated that he was leaving because a photo forum where members are not permitted to discuss for example photographer's rights and copyright issues [topics which are excluded because of my decision to disallow all discussion of religion and politics on this site] is not the right forum for him.
    • Like Like x 6
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.