1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

I have enjoyed the forum - thank you

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by Jonas B, Jun 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jonas B

Jonas B Guest

Apr 23, 2010
    Gothenburg, Sweden
    Deleted

• Like Like x 1
  2. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I deleted Jonas' post, the bottom line of which was that he is leaving Mu-43 because I made the decision to disallow any politics or religion on this site.

Jonas, best wishes in your internet travels.

To all, as I said when I closed the pub, this matter is not open for another discussion on mu-43.com. I am not against member discussion of site policy, but we have had two redundant, very long discussions about this particular policy, and having another one is only going to have a negative impact on morale without helping anyone.

It's not as if our little Micro 4/3 photography forum is the last bastion of free expression. There are thousands of other sites where you can talk politics. Many of them are photography sites: DPReview, GetDPI, Rangefinderforum, Leica User Forum, Photo.net, etc and the list goes on.

July 13, 2010 Addendum:

I have been asked to clarify that Jonas' post, now deleted, specifically indicated that he was leaving because a photo forum where members are not permitted to discuss for example photographer's rights and copyright issues [topics which are excluded because of my decision to disallow all discussion of religion and politics on this site] is not the right forum for him.

• Like Like x 6
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.