I have an Olympus adapter that is crying out for a lens.

craniac

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Mark Crane
I'm looking for a fun, affordable, manual focus lens to get for my GX1, because I have this adapter I bought (for the wrong lens) and heck I might as well stick something on it.

My other lenses are the kit 14-42mm that comes with the GF3 body and the Panasonic 14mm.

Difficulty level: I have to buy it off Ebay and I leave the country in 12 days. Shipping to my new home for a lens would be in the $50 range or higher.

It's this adapter:

http://www.rainbowimaging.biz/shop/product.php?id_product=57

Olympus OM (Zuiko) lens to MFT Micro 4/3 camera adapter for Panasonic G1 G2 G3 G10 GH1 GH2 GH3 GF1 GF2 GF3 GF5 GX1 Olympus E-P1 E-P2 E-P3 E-PL1 E-PL2 E-PL3
Features:
Solid metal mount lens adapter allows Olympus OM lens to be used on micro 4/3 camera body.
Focus to infinity
Supports A, M mode. Auto metering is available in A/ AE mode
Fine finishing! Install, remove and operate lens smoothly

In hindsight I should have dropped fifty bucks on the electronic adapter that supports auto focus.

http://www.rainbowimaging.biz/shop/product.php?id_product=589

phigmov

Probably Not Walter Kernow
Try one of the OM Zuiko Macro's or a classic Nifty Fifty.

Just depends what you like to shoot. I'd got for the f3.5 50mm Macro if you want to experiment a bit and go for the f1.8 50mm if you want a fast Tele for portraits or low-light (and it'll be cheaper than the Macro).

Neftun

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Patrick Kristiansen
+1 for the om 50f1,8. cheap and excellent.

RichardB

Snapshooter
Real Name
Richard
If you'd gotten the adapter with autofocus, you would want the 4/3 lenses that are much more expensive than the old OM-system manual focus lenses.

I agree with phigmov. A fast fifty would give you a great portrait lens, with shallow depth of field when you want it, and bargain-priced. A macro would also fill a gap for you.

Your third option would be a longer telephoto, but it wouldn't be as useful to most photographers as a portrait or macro lens.

wlewisiii

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
William B. Lewis
One more vote for the Oly 50/1.8. I love using 50's on m4/3 - it's just a delight as a moderate tele for walkabout or portraits. Combined with your 14 it's a nice two lens set that will cover a wide range of situations.

craniac

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Mark Crane
Thank you everyone for your generous help. I ordered a 50/1.8, and it will arrive about four hours after I leave on a week long trip to the Portland coast!

Latest threads

Top Bottom