1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

I have a problem....

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by silver92b, Sep 7, 2014.

1. silver92b

silver92b Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    The Fuji P&S that I shot this with is of course, not in the picture. Neither is my Nikon D60 (on loan to a friend) or the old P&S cams, Sony DCS-P1 or the KodakDX7440. Native and adapted glass is likewise absent, still....... I don't think my wife has yet absorbed this situation LOL! I do think I need help though, at least to pare down some of this mess. :eek:

ECXfclF.

• Like Like x 1
  2. agentlossing

agentlossing Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jun 26, 2013
    Andrew Lossing
    I can definitely see your problem! There aren't any Panasonic cameras in your collection!
    GX1•EP1•GF3•17/2.8•30/2.8

• Like Like x 3
  3. pellicle

pellicle Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 10, 2010
    Southport, OzTrailEYa
    pellicle
    • Like Like x 1
  4. silver92b

silver92b Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    LOL! I sold my GX7 a while back.Sorry, but I'm Olympus biased :biggrin:

OMG :eek:

5. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    You and everyone else on this forum! :wink:

6. silver92b

silver92b Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    Oh my, we are all a little nutty then. I hope we are all able to acquire all the junk without sacrificing more important things. It is kind of an addiction, I think....

7. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
    There is a cure for that, but it takes a degree of effort. You sit down and assess which of those lenses you don't use and sell them. The initial angst passes very quickly and you become better for it. It worked for me.

8. biomed

biomed Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 22, 2013
    Seattle area
    Mike
    The R-D1 would sell very quickly on Rangefinder Forum as would the Sigma. If you have more Voigtlander lenses you might want to use them on your Oly bodies via an adaptor. I sold all of my Voigtlander gear a while back and am regretting letting a couple of the lenses go. You might also want to consider converting one of the OM-Ds to IR.

9. pellicle

pellicle Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 10, 2010
    Southport, OzTrailEYa
    pellicle
    Happily that's not my cabinet

Mine is far more minimal (but requires a little weeding to keep it thinned :)

10. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    Ray, not Oz
    OK, that is a very worrying picture you posted. As a display cabinet of photography memorabilia I could understand, but it certainly didn't look that way. I'm more than happy now to be an owner of just a few lenses. I sometimes feel that I should sell the 90-250mm, but that could be painful. :)

11. pellicle

pellicle Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 10, 2010
    Southport, OzTrailEYa
    pellicle
    indeed ... sadly I think the owner (who I only know via the blogosphere) seems to be a collector... another guy I know claims to have more.

12. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    Ray, not Oz
    Being a collector is no issue, everyone needs a hobby and that actually looks like a cheap hobby compared to say yachting or horse racing. But if he's a collector, he really needs to present his collection in a much better fashion.:biggrin:

13. silver92b

silver92b Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    Yes, that is what I am attempting to do.

Actually the only 2 of the bodies I would sell are the EM-5 and the EP-5... I like to use the RD-1 and the Merrill still hols my interest (although I might let it go). I "only" have 8 native M43 lenses and 6 rangefinder lenses of those 2 are duplicates that somehow I ended up with. The 12 adapted lenses could easily be pared down to 3 or 4..

Problem is that it's a lot of hassle to list and sell that stuff in Ebay or Craigslist, I've listed some of the better stuff on various forums as well, but I get no bites. I might have to throw away at least 3 or 4 Canon FD mount lenses and OM-1 mount lenses.......

14. dougjgreen

dougjgreen Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 5, 2013
    San Diego
    Doug Green
    Actually, it's OM-D