I have a Photoshelter Beam site.

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Chuck Pike, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Chuck Pike

Chuck Pike Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 3, 2010
    Charlotte, NC.
    I noticed that Photoshelter has an ad running on the right side of our front page. I have one of the Photoshelter Beam layouts and really like it. I also have Google Analytics plugged into my Photoshelter account, so I can see who is looking at what. I can tell with Analytics that when I post an image here or on DPreview, which photos draw the most interest. One of the interesting items on their site is the location function. This show you where in the world people are when they look at your site. If I post something in the street photography area of Mu-43 I see people are mostly from the US, Canada and Europe but when I post something in B&W forum people join in from all over the world. Yes, it does cost me to keep my site up and running, but then I don't play golf, or own a boat to go fishing, so my camera is what I do for fun. It used to be I would get my thrill from being published or when I worked for a weekly. Then I found you here at Mu-43 who are really liking the same sort of things I do. I love looking at your work and sharing a thank you when I see something that I really like. Anyway, if anyone is looking for a place to post photos Photoshelter is another of the many that you might want to look at. I have no connection with Photoshelter what so ever other than having my photos on that site. I started with one of their other layouts before trying Beam, and it was also good, but I thought I would give Beam a try and have stayed with it.

This is a wonderful time to be a photographer. I have been doing this since 1958 when I picked up my first camera while serving in the Army in Germany.

• Like Like x 2