I have a mystery regarding the OMD EM5 II

Jock Elliott

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Jock Elliott
I was poking through the menus, trying to get a handle on the time-lapse system. At the bottom on shooting menu 1, there is a box with symbols: a series of rectangles, a thing that looks a bit like a clock, and a series of rectangles with a clock in the center.

Click OK, and you are presented with two choices. The bottom one says "Time Lapse Settings."

If you click to the right on the top choice, you get a series of symbols. The top three are single rectangles: the first one is plain, the second one has a diamond, and the third has a heart. I get that these mean single-frame shots, but what do the diamond and the heart mean?

Never mind; I just figured it out: the heart means silent, the diamond means anti-shock.

Cheers, Jock

D

Deleted member 29285

I was poking through the menus, trying to get a handle on the time-lapse system. At the bottom on shooting menu 1, there is a box with symbols: a series of rectangles, a thing that looks a bit like a clock, and a series of rectangles with a clock in the center.

Click OK, and you are presented with two choices. The bottom one says "Time Lapse Settings."

If you click to the right on the top choice, you get a series of symbols. The top three are single rectangles: the first one is plain, the second one has a diamond, and the third has a heart. I get that these mean single-frame shots, but what do the diamond and the heart mean?

Never mind; I just figured it out: the heart means silent, the diamond means anti-shock.

Cheers, Jock

You're not alone. I never remember what the diamond and heart symbols mean either.

Qwntm

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Edward
You're not alone. I never remember what the diamond and heart symbols mean either.

Diamonds are sharp they cut glass and if you can hear your heart beat it must be pretty quiet. That's how I remember them. :)

owczi

nareteV 34-uM
I remember those symbols by heart because having owned the original E-M5, then E-M1, I remember these features being added one by one as firmware updates came throughout the last few years :) But with a new camera, I wouldn't know what they mean either.

Latest threads

Top Bottom