I guess I'm back ;-)

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by m43_user, May 20, 2011.

1. m43_user

m43_user Mu-43 Regular

Aug 4, 2010
    After several months of absence here due to me selling my G2, I decided to save up and buy a GH2. I was debating if I should sell my Nikon D700 but I decided to keep that and wait longer to save what I need and get a GH2 with the 14-140 lens. Assuming I can find one in stock when I'm ready! I've been looking around and I see most places online are sold out and the fresh supply coming in is slow. Hopefully that'll improve by the time I'm ready to buy. I'm certainly not going to pay $2,000 for one from some moron on ebay trying to screw someone over.

Anyway, I also looked at the G3 specs but I think I still want the GH2. Any news on a replacement for the GH2 soon or is the GH2 it for the time being? I'm wondering because the G2 came out before the GH2 so I'm curious if they'll do the same thing with the G3. Release the G3, then a few months later, release something like a GH3?

By the way, one of the main reasons I want the GH2 is for video. I also want nice stills and I'm satisfied with the still quality from the GH2 (for family use) but mainly I wanted something for very nice video quality and a descent all in one zoom.

2. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    The GH2 is still relatively new and, given Panny's inability to actually ship product, even if the GH3 was announced tomorrow, you wouldn't be able to buy one until next January ;)

3. brunerww

brunerww  

Mar 5, 2011
    Welcome back! I recommend you get the GH2 and the 14-140 and start shooting as soon as you can, and not wait for a notional GH3. I have been fortunate enough to have had the GH2 for a few months, and would not trade the footage I have shot with it for any amount of money.

Cheers,

Bill

4. m43_user

m43_user Mu-43 Regular

Aug 4, 2010
    I found a new GH2 with 14-140 at a reasonably local camera store so I picked it up yesterday! :)

5. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Grats! I'm sure you'll enjoy it. ;)

6. walt_tbay

walt_tbay Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 24, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    This reminds me of the scene from The Godfather Part III when Michael Corleone says "Just when I thought I was out... they draw me back in". welcome back!