1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

'I Gotta Give It To Sony NEX Marketing'

Discussion in 'Other Systems' started by RT_Panther, Nov 19, 2012.

1. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    [ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gW9alBidf3w&list=PL94U2tauvOl78xeLf6R0q3C5a3Jujk4eS&feature=plcp]DSLR quality without the difficulty - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LApO_BDRE8M&list=PL94U2tauvOl5wPHbemn-gA6gvAl16ABz0&feature=plcp]DSLR GEAR NO IDEA - YouTube[/ame]

2. zapatista

zapatista Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 19, 2012
    Denver, Colorado, USA
    Mike
    Now if they just made some decent e-mount lenses that didn't cost $1099.

3. bartjeej

bartjeej Mu-43 Regular

Oct 9, 2012
    ^that'd be nice, yeah.

If this vid becomes popular, soon we're gonna have hoards of CSC shooters machine-gunning their cameras at maximum fps because that's what the pro in the ad did :tongue:

4. lenshoarder

lenshoarder Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
    I do that all the time with my NEX. A lot of people look over with this "How can that camera shoot so fast?" look on their face.

5. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Olympus needs some clever and funny ads. It would be nice if more folks in the U.S. knew what :43: cameras are all about - or even that they exist. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 3
  6. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Bingo!!!!! :bravo-009:

• Like Like x 1
  7. LeoS

LeoS Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 6, 2012
    To break through to the mainstream as a system, I think m43 needs a new name or a nickname. M4/3, MFT, MicroFourThirds, don't work. They're cryptic, non descriptive and some people get scared when they hear anything that resembles math (fractions) :D

Currently I see individual m43 camera breaking through the mainstream (OMD... PEN.. Lumix), but not as a system.

8. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Interesting since Samsung lacks both a distinct name and marketing....

9. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Very true! Although . . . I do hate math. :rofl:

10. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
    Funny, people don't look at my OMD at all after I've taken a stream of a dozen shots. Cause the shutter goes "thnk" instead of "CLACK" :rolleyes::biggrin:

11. robbie36

robbie36 Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2010
    Bangkok
    rob collins
    Nex should do very well

I am not a huge fan of the Nex product offering but I suspect that Nex is going to do very well in mirrorless and probably succeed in a market where Oly and Panny have done most of the ground work.

1) Sony seems to have the best sensor technology. This doesnt make much difference at the moment but in the next generation the breakthroughs are likely to feed through to APS-C before M43.

2) M43 has an image problem. The very term 'micro 4/3' implies it is a sub-standard technology. 'Small' cameras are viewed as 'inferior' to 'larger' ones but at least Nex offers the same size sensor as DSLRs. Customers are likely to always view APS-C as 'better' than M43.

3) Sony is very strong in marketing and now has a strong product offering. It has the Nex-5N at the low end of the market and Nex-6 at the high end and the marketing muscle to push hard. Its RX-100 and RX-1 products clearly show that you can produce very high quality cameras in very small packages. RX-1, in particular shows that you can produce an 'absolute premium image quality' camera in the size of a compact.

12. thomastaesu

thomastaesu Mu-43 Regular

Nov 16, 2012
    ATL, GA
    Thomas
    Let's call it SS system - sensible sensor size. Or, put i in front of it. People these days dig anything with i in front. iSense?

13. thomastaesu

thomastaesu Mu-43 Regular

Nov 16, 2012
    ATL, GA
    Thomas
    Pilots do not apologize when they put their hundreds of millions dollar equipment in auto-pilot. Neither should FF DSRL users!

Full auto Full Frame Users Unite!

14. Omega

Omega Mu-43 Regular

Oct 3, 2012
    Second video screams my photo class and almost every teenager ever armed with a DSLR.

Source: I'm a teenager. But I can't deny I strayed from manual until later on, mostly camping in Av and Tv.

15. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    ??????????????????? :confused: What does this have to do with the thread?

16. hkpzee

hkpzee Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 5, 2011
    Hong Kong
    Patrick
    Er, maybe this has to do with the commercial starting with the host mocking the DSLR users for putting their cameras in Auto mode... :wink:

17. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    And here I work with a bunch of pilots too! :tongue: