1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

I got a discount code from Olympus, any suggestions on what to buy?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Jonathan F/2, Dec 4, 2011.

1. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    I got an online discount code from Olympus. Not sure if I need anything. The only thing that sucks is that I get charged tax in my state, so the nice discount after taxes are only okay. Any ideas what I should get? I already owned a 45 1.8, but with the discount, the price comes out a bit cheaper. Though I use my 25 1.4 more so, that's why I sold my 45 in the first. Also the E-P3 is heavily discounted, but I really don't need it. The 40-150 R is discounted slightly, but I don't like plastic mount lenses.

Maybe I should just hold off and not buy anything! :tongue: A white E-P3 looks yummy though!

2. MrKal_El

MrKal_El Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 24, 2011
    I say do the E-P3...can't go wrong.

3. Jonathan F/2

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    If I get an E-P3 though, I really can't justify keeping my other bodies, but it's sorely tempting! :biggrin:

4. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    I'll cast another vote for an E-P3. If you can't justify keeping the other bodies.....sell 'em.

5. Jonathan F/2

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    The E-P3 is that good? Is there any visual difference between E-PM1 and E-P3 pictures? To be honest I like the E-PL2 output slightly better than the E-PM1. I find the pictures a tad sharper and contrasty, while the E-PM1 slightly excels at higher ISO.

6. Art

Art Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2011
    San Francisco, CA
    Is there an expiration date?
    I have the opposite experience, all my E-PM1 files are quite a bit better: sharper and better color too (noise filter is always off) compared to my E-PL2

7. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    well the 2 current (recent) Olys should be the same...I didn't realize your bodies were so current. If you don't feel the need for any lenses, I'd save your cash.

8. Jonathan F/2

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    There's no expiration date that I know of, but I'd hate for it to go to waste if they cancel the discount!

I have my noise filter on both cameras on Low. I find setting it at Off is a tad too noisy for my taste . At low though, it seems to apply more NR on the E-PM1 than the E-PL2 at Low. Barely noticeable, but enough for me to tell the difference. I like both cameras honestly!

9. fredlong

fredlong Just this guy...

Apr 18, 2011
    Massachusetts USA
    Fred
    If you use a discount to buy something you wouldn't otherwise buy are you really saving money?

Of course if you're just moving an intended purchase forward...

10. Jonathan F/2

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    I'll probably hold off, until Olympus releases something I really want. Maybe I should sell the discount card! :biggrin: