I get the feeling that the Big Boyz are out of ideas

pellicle

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
pellicle

m4/3boy

Mu-43 Veteran
It's called Marketing Swag. It's simply a tool.

I know collectors wealthy enough to purchase this as an investment.

It's not for the little people.

robbie36

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
rob collins
I know collectors wealthy enough to purchase this as an investment.
I suspect people who consider that camera as 'an investment' probably arent likely to be very wealthy in the first place.

m4/3boy

Mu-43 Veteran
I suspect people who consider that camera as 'an investment' probably arent likely to be very wealthy in the first place.
You might be surprised my friend. I'm talking very wealthy. This would be a trinket for them. A shiny toy to be displayed until they tire of it and sell it at a loss or at a profit.

As I said not for the little people.

dougjgreen

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Doug Green
You might be surprised my friend. I'm talking very wealthy. This would be a trinket for them. A shiny toy to be displayed until they tire of it and sell it at a loss or at a profit.

As I said not for the little people.
People who buy this are not buying it for the investment. They are buying it as conspicuous consumption, to put their obscene wealth on obvious public display.

pellicle

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
pellicle
People who buy this are not buying it for the investment. They are buying it as conspicuous consumption, to put their obscene wealth on obvious public display.
like this:
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

the buyers of this are the big boyz (with their big toyz)

pellicle

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
pellicle
But yet you still posted with the title that indicates you believe otherwise. Hmm.
or it could be your misinterpretation of who I meant as big boyz

granted I didn't put a lot of time or thought into accurately articulating my idea, but if you're hung up on it I'm sorry. The area is not restricted to talking about only Canon or Nikon and yes I do see that it may be the other obvious interpretation (perhaps even the most obvious). On that topic I think that Nikon are actually showing more imagination with their mirrorless stuff than canon is ... not that I own Nikon (or Canon anymore).

Promit

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Promit Roy
Please, people. This is a stupid fight. Let's not forget that THIS was an official Pentax creation:
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Top Bottom