I found this OM-1 kit today

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by silver92b, Feb 11, 2013.

1. silver92b

silver92b Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    I've been going a little nuts here chasing legacy stuff to play with. This fellow posted an OM-1 camera kit on craigslist but was asking a bit much (I thought). Anyway, I offered him $100 for the lot and this is what I got:

I hope to get an adapter so so I can try the prime lenses and see how they do. What do you think?
    • Like Like x 1
  2. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Lenses alone make that a deal. I always wanted that camera back in the day.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Good find, those lenses will work well with an adapter. :cool:
  4. penfan2010

penfan2010 Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 12, 2010
    NJ, USA
    That is a steal! Congratulations! Agree with Steve, the lenses alone, especially the 24m F2.8, are fantastic. I just "re-bought" a 24mm myself; bought second hand about 30 years ago a full kit of the OM-1n, 24mm, 50mm 1.4 and a clunky 100-300 F5. I still have the OM1n and 50mm, sold off the 24mm last year, but decided it was too good of a lens to give up. I posted the photo below on another thread, but my OM-1n is now joined by the next gen OM:

Enjoy your OM-1!
    • Like Like x 1
  5. silver92b

silver92b Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    Yes, I was pleased when the man returned my call and accepted the offer. I was astonished to find the 24mm 2.8 to be such a sought after lens. Also, the guy was a super interesting guy. Apparently his hobby is astronomy and he used the camera (which he bought second hand in Wales) to take photos with his telescope. Apparently he's a serious hobbyist who's leaving the country for some time. I think I got lucky with this buy this time.:thumbup:
    • Like Like x 1
  6. digitalandfilm

digitalandfilm Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 18, 2011
    Send that puppy to index and John will tune that baby up!
  7. mr_botak

mr_botak Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 4, 2011
    Reading, UK
    Nice find.. The 24mm is a very very good lens, which on its own would make this a great deal.
  8. betamax

betamax Mu-43 Regular

May 7, 2011
    NSW, Australia
    Ahh... the OM's... nice...

I wonder why the OM-D didn't have a speed dial on the lens mount as per the original OM line....
    • Like Like x 2
  9. wclavey

wclavey Mu-43 Regular

Sep 27, 2012
    Houston, TX
    I have the OM 50mm f/1.8 and use it quite a bit... I have the OM 50mm f/3.5 Macro too, which also works quite well on the OM-D. I have the OM 50mm f/1.4 as well, but I find it is not as good with the digital bodies as the f/1.8 version. So, for that lens alone, it looks like you got a good deal.
  10. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    You don't need the plural on "lenses", lol. The 24mm alone is worth more than the entire price.

I'm curious, what didn't you like about the 50mm f/1.4 on the digital bodies? I personally love that lens and use it all the time, and got rid of my f/1.8 which I also loved, for no other reason than the fact that having the f/1.4 made it redundant.

11. svtquattro

svtquattro Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 24, 2012
    Vancouver, Canada
    That 24/2.8 is worth a few hun, I think.

I have one and she's a gem.