1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

I finally succumbed to the allure of FF

Discussion in 'Other Systems' started by silver92b, Dec 14, 2014.

1. silver92b

silver92b Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    I guess I'm going to have to get good at manual focusing.... Although I will keep my EM-1 or the EM-5 and some glass.... I pulled the trigger on a Leica M240, like this but no lens... I do have a few Voigtlander lenses though.. As well as an old Industar 5cm f3.5.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  2. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
    Wow, you really shot for the moon huh? Hope it lives up to the possibilities :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. silver92b

silver92b Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    Oh good grief no, I'm sure it will live up to it's possibilities. The question is, will I live up to it's possibilities?:smile: I hope it will give me the results I would like to get. I do have some experience with RF cameras. I have the Epson RD-1 that I've enjoy using and owning a lot!

This is the RD-1 I have (would you like to own one? :wink:). The lenses will work with the Leica.

nSFjlUu.

4. tomO2013

tomO2013 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 28, 2013
    Absolutely gorgeous. There is something lovely about shooting with a rangefinder. Congrats. I'm looking forward to seeing the photos that you will hopefully share with us :)

5. pellicle

pellicle Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 10, 2010
    Southport, OzTrailEYa
    pellicle
    be keen to see your "feelings" as they emerge ... will you be posting to a blog?

6. Mogul

Mogul Mu-43 Regular

Nov 9, 2012
    Are you selling yours? If so, please PM me with price. Thank you.

7. silver92b

silver92b Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    ^^ PM sent^^

8. silver92b

silver92b Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    The camera came in today. It's awesome! But I must say it's not a forgiving instrument. No IBIS or A/F... But it's FF and quite something else. I will definitely have to learn to use it. I will also have to get at least one 5omm Leica or Zeiss lens... Here are my 2 RF cameras.

O44Uzox.

9. silver92b

silver92b Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    Right away I tried the adapted FD 100mm f2.8 :wink:

5c1UeOa.

R9hnBNV.

Here are shots with the 50mm Sonnar

wwz29gj.

GYxZ0Od.

M9Dlt8z.

10. silver92b

silver92b Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    The Sonnar and the Voigtlanders (like many other fast lenses) are soft wide open. I need to be mindful of the aperture to get the sharp images. Also, I need to learn to handle the camera properly to avoid shake and the blurring that goes with it. I'm spoiled by the IBIS :redface:

Anyway, the cool thing is that with the live view and the mirrorless system, one can now play with adapted lenses as well as native and get the Leica goodness in macro and telephoto modes much more easily than before

Here are some macro shots taken with the OM 50mm f1.8 and a tube :biggrin:

xvGNgex.

JE7yt6Z.

• Like Like x 2
  11. pellicle

pellicle Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 10, 2010
    Southport, OzTrailEYa
    pellicle
    Nice

Even those FD 100 shots look lovely.

Beautiful DoF (and well controlled) on the portrait shot

• Like Like x 1
  12. silver92b

silver92b Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    Thanks! it was probably the third shot with the camera (after shooting the wall in front of me LOL!)