1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

i finally registered my E-PM2...

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by pcake, Jul 7, 2013.

1. pcake

pcake Mu-43 Regular

May 3, 2010
    and olympus asks some questions during the registration process about you and your camera. the question they asked about your main use of the camera left me wondering if they have any idea that enthusiasts exist at all. not one of the options applied to me or my photography at all. i thought about this because i read this thread
    https://www.mu-43.com/f42/why-doesn...pend-money-makerting-there-micro-4-3-a-48934/
    asking why oly and panny don't spend money marketing their m43 cameras, but as far as i can tell, if olympus spent more money, they wouldn't be marketing to the right people...

2. pdk42

pdk42 One of the "Eh?" team

Jan 11, 2013
    Leamington Spa, UK
    Just a few short years ago, the market for the Pens would have included a slice of the middle ground camera market so the sort of questions I'm assuming you've seen would have been relevant. Now of course the camera phone has stolen all that and u43 only really plays to enthusiasts. Sounds like Oly's marketing is still catching up...