I feel ripped off...

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by addieleman, Oct 12, 2011.

1. addieleman

addieleman Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 5, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Ad
    Last week I bought a Panny 45-175mm for € 479 and today I got a mail from Panasonic UK with an offer to buy this lens for £279! This offer is only valid for UK residents, but why would I have to pay so much more?!! Apparently we stupid non-UK residents grossly overpay for our lenses, Panasonic, or what?! :mad:

2. goldenlight

goldenlight Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 30, 2010
    Essex
    John
    That's bad news and no wonder you are upset. Normally in the UK we expect to pay more than in Europe and especially the US.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Olympus UK also offers all kinds of specials which the rest of the world doesn't get. For instance, for the longest time they were giving away a free FL-36R flash or HLD battery grip with a camera purchase (if I remember correctly)... I pay $300 for my FL-36R's here!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    Best thing to do is to return the item unless you really need the lens right now. Unfortunately, companies offer different deals in different places. Or perhaps have a friend buy it in UK, and ship to you.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Henk

Henk Mu-43 Regular

Aug 18, 2010
    the Netherlands
    Yes, you paid at least 80 euros too much. It is listed at some big Dutch internet retailers for € 399.00 :cool:

6. addieleman

addieleman Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 5, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Ad
    Well, that's all in the game. The fact that Panasonic itself is offering a huge discount and doing so only in one particular country, is what makes me angry.

7. xdayv

xdayv Color Blind

Aug 26, 2011
    Tacloban City, Philippines
    Dave
    that's life... if you can't return it, or ask for a price adjustment... just enjoy and shoot. :biggrin:

8. Hikari

Hikari Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 26, 2010
    I saw some guy in living in Japan being paid in Japanese yen complain that a camera was more expensive there based on the exchange rate so he won't pony up the Y70,000 yen to buy it. But if the exchange rate changes, will he then spend the Y70,000 yen?

The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence...