1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

I don't understand

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by Manu-4Vendetta, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Manu-4Vendetta

Manu-4Vendetta Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 8, 2011
    Dominican Republic
    Makes about 10-12 days ago, the Panix pancake 20/1.7 lens was achieved at about $325-360, after save money a few weeks, now I see my budget is not enough. Actually the lens its above U$400

There is some explanation for it?

2. everythingsablur

everythingsablur Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 4, 2010
    Toronto, ON
    Supply and demand. Wait a few more weeks/months and it will come back down.

3. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
    The correct price for the lens is $325-340 USD. Everything else is the result of volatilty and scalping as sellers abuse short supply. A little patience is required until the major retailers get stock or somebody sells a used copy, but don't pay out to a gray market scalper just because it's the only option this minute.

4. emirabal

emirabal Mu-43 Regular

Promit is right, that lens should be about 340 max, all be it i payed about 360 for mine, but i was tired of waiting, good luck, that seems to be the most popular lens and with good reason. Ill say like i tell every other forum poster with the same/similiar issue, once you go panny 20mm, you wont go back. I have not taken mine off since i purchased it about 3 months ago.

5. everythingsablur

everythingsablur Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 4, 2010
    Toronto, ON
    Well, you either go P20 or PL25. And once you do either of those, THEN you never go back... :) 

6. Manu-4Vendetta

Manu-4Vendetta Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 8, 2011
    Dominican Republic
    Thanks for the info and replies.

I am very desperate. But the prices are very speculative as you said, yesterday on amazon this lens used cost was of U$500 :eek: 

Any idea when Panasonic replenish the stores?

7. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    B&H had a shipment two weeks back. It sold out in 6 hours or less. I'd expect another shipment in the next few weeks, but I'm guessing that won't last long either.

Second-hand is the only practical way to get ahold of them. Keep an eye out here and on FredMiranda. Also, GF-1/20mm kits are fairly common, and if you sell the GF1 (should fetch around $175-200) you should get the 20/1.7 for a semi-reasonable price.

DH

8. rpress

rpress Mu-43 Regular

Jun 11, 2010
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.