1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

I don't understand

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by Manu-4Vendetta, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Manu-4Vendetta

Manu-4Vendetta Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 8, 2011
    Dominican Republic
    Makes about 10-12 days ago, the Panix pancake 20/1.7 lens was achieved at about $325-360, after save money a few weeks, now I see my budget is not enough. Actually the lens its above U$400

There is some explanation for it?

2. everythingsablur

everythingsablur Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 4, 2010
    Toronto, ON
    Supply and demand. Wait a few more weeks/months and it will come back down.

3. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
    The correct price for the lens is $325-340 USD. Everything else is the result of volatilty and scalping as sellers abuse short supply. A little patience is required until the major retailers get stock or somebody sells a used copy, but don't pay out to a gray market scalper just because it's the only option this minute.

4. emirabal

emirabal Mu-43 Regular

Promit is right, that lens should be about 340 max, all be it i payed about 360 for mine, but i was tired of waiting, good luck, that seems to be the most popular lens and with good reason. Ill say like i tell every other forum poster with the same/similiar issue, once you go panny 20mm, you wont go back. I have not taken mine off since i purchased it about 3 months ago.

5. everythingsablur

everythingsablur Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 4, 2010
    Toronto, ON
    Well, you either go P20 or PL25. And once you do either of those, THEN you never go back... :)

6. Manu-4Vendetta

Manu-4Vendetta Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 8, 2011
    Dominican Republic
    Thanks for the info and replies.

I am very desperate. But the prices are very speculative as you said, yesterday on amazon this lens used cost was of U$500 :eek:

Any idea when Panasonic replenish the stores?

7. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    B&H had a shipment two weeks back. It sold out in 6 hours or less. I'd expect another shipment in the next few weeks, but I'm guessing that won't last long either.

Second-hand is the only practical way to get ahold of them. Keep an eye out here and on FredMiranda. Also, GF-1/20mm kits are fairly common, and if you sell the GF1 (should fetch around $175-200) you should get the 20/1.7 for a semi-reasonable price.

DH

8. rpress

rpress Mu-43 Regular

Jun 11, 2010