1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

I don't really know what constitutes a good picture...

Discussion in 'Creative Corner' started by Olof, Apr 24, 2010.

1. Olof

Olof New to Mu-43

Apr 10, 2010
    I don't really know what constitutes a good picture but I like this picture that I took tonight using my Olympus e-PL1 with the Panasonic 20mm f1.7, which arrived from Amazon earlier this week.

So, yeah, I like it, but I don't have the eye yet for what is good or bad. I'd appreciate any help to dissect and critique this picture so that I may learn.

Thanks!

Olof

Attached Files:

2. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Hey Olof, I'm glad to see you join us on the forum. Isn't the 20mm a fun lens to use.
    I'm no good as a critique because i like everything that people give a shot at and try. I reckon there really is no good or bad- it's what you enjoy is what counts. All i can say is l like your picture and i can convey myself to the place and feel the atmosphere.

thanks,

icon

3. kevinparis

kevinparis Cantankerous Scotsman Subscribing Member

Feb 12, 2010
    Gent, Belgium
  4. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Olof, welcome and Kevin is right. Join the group, you'll enjoy it.

See those 2 lights........ look down his back, see the dark patch...ok
    those 3 elements create a triangle for EYE TRAVEL.

His hands imply a triangle shape in the opposite direction.
    So these elements create strong eye travel.......
    see that little guy off the to the right....That is called an "Irritant"....... it seems to draw the eye but not hold it it just keeps things moving around....

Hope that helps.....shooter

5. texascbx

texascbx Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 30, 2009
    Texas
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.