I don't like too many lenses...

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by dixeyk, Nov 13, 2010.

1. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010
    Honestly, I don't intend to collect lenses. I just happen across things in junk stores and so on and before you know it my lens shelf has too many residents. Usually that means its time to stock the sale table and get rid of some things. Unfortunately I find myself in the curious position of not knowing what to get rid of. I usually have a few things that I got given to me or got free with something else but now I have a group of lenses that I quite like. While looking at my tiny collection I realized that for the first time in recent memory I actually have a number of lenses that I REALLY like.

For me it's a Konica 50/1.4, Super Tak SMC 28/3.5, 105/2.8, Helios 44 58/2 and I just got an Olympus PEN F 40/1.4.

I normally don't get all swoony about my lenses. I like them and use them but until recently I have never had any lens that I thought was just great. Now I have 5 of them! How the h*ll did that happen? Most of them are ones that just fell into my lap.
  2. yogz

yogz Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 8, 2010
  3. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010
    Sure have...I had 2 of them (sold them both). They were excellent lenses but I have a Konica 50/1.4 and a 40/18 so the 50/1.7s weren't getting used. The 50/1.4 is amazingly sharp and has much better bokeh. If you are looking for a sharp lens that won't cost you an arm and a leg however the 50/1.7 is the ticket. I think the last one cost me about $10 or $15. That said, sharpness isn't everything to me. I like a lens that renders stuff in a pleasing way. My favorite in that regard has got to be the Helios 44. IMHO it puts the rest of my lenses to shame.

100% crop from the Konica 50/1.4

100% crop from the Helios 44
    • Like Like x 1