[deleted]

drd1135

Zen Snapshooter
Real Name
Steve
We all go through dry spells for various reasons. Make yourself post a picture a day in this forum on the image threads. That's an easy challenge to get you going.

Last edited:

pondball

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
My last Motorsports event was in October and I’ve been dormant since then with regard to shooting
I always promise that I’ll get out and take some other genres but I always fail during the winter - it never seems so enticing to go out in the cold and/or wet
Looking forward to my next event at the end of February (World Motocross) when my enthusiasm will be back !
I was going to suggest getting out and shooting snowmobile racing... but then checked your avatar etc and realized that may not be in the cards in your neck of the woods.

I’m sure you’d enjoy it though, cold weather notwithstanding. Over here they race on a freshwater lake... and the speeds they get to are such that they often zip across open water (sometimes substantial lengths) that appear in the frozen lakes... I think they’re absolutely bonkers myself. Btw... not all snowmobiles make it across the open spots!

DefectiveMonk

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Mark
Well, this thread is making me alternately feel better and worse. Better because I know I'm not the only one having trouble making time and worse because some folks are indicating that it can get worse :eek-31:

Guess I just better get out there and MAKE time

Real Name
Andrew L
Same here. I do count using my phone camera, though, because it's often the camera I'm carrying. Image capture is image capture, and at least I'm practicing.
That's totally legitimate. I had a similar situation with my wife telling me listening to audiobooks didn't count to reach my reading goal for the year. I told her it's all about intent, and attentiveness... and not falling asleep as soon as the audiobook starts like she does. :D

Bidkev

Mu-43 Legend
Brisbane Australia from Blackpool UK 25yrs ago
Similar situation here. It's the first time I've not contributed to "top five" but the saving grace it's that's due to my new project with photography (and a bit of fishing) in mind. I've been busy pimping my new ride, installing motor and electrics and knocking a trailer together as I suffer bursitis and can't lift the bugger onto my roof rack. I'm hoping to capture a few raptors on my local lake (2181 acres) which is mostly surrounded by private and inaccessible land. I yaked it many years ago at a time when I'd given photography a rest and noticed many wild dogs, feral pigs and deer so I'm hoping to capture some of them also. Just hoping I don't get a red bellied black slithering up the paddle into the yak as one once did! :eek: Hopefully, I'll have more to show next month.

BCF_559380_hi-res.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

demiro

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
... Just hoping I don't get a red bellied black slithering up the paddle into the yak as one once did! :eek: Hopefully, I'll have more to show next month.

Seriously, how do any of you Aussies survive? Snakes; Spiders; Crocs; Sea Wasps; Great Whites; what am I missing? It's pretty bad when the shark is by far the least threatening option...

Bidkev

Mu-43 Legend
Brisbane Australia from Blackpool UK 25yrs ago
Seriously, how do any of you Aussies survive? Snakes; Spiders; Crocs; Sea Wasps; Great Whites; what am I missing? It's pretty bad when the shark is by far the least threatening option...

Not forgetting...........!

Cuh1YTX.jpg

productphoto1_x_1024x1024.jpg

img_3143.jpg

MPrince

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Matt Prince
Nothing wrong with taking a "vacation" now and then. Gives you time to reflect on what you've been doing and the opportunity to think of some new ideas to try.

MichailK

Mu-43 All-Pro
true enough, but it's more fun to beat myself up about it.
trust me, it is much better to have an empty month than realizing the only striking photo taken in a month is of a beloved person 2 days before Lord Cancer finally takes his toll

Last edited:

D7k1

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Sometimes I just use my phone (although I do shoot at least once a week for birds):
20191204_134623.jpg

And be in the moment. I also just walk around my yard and shoot macros. Best of all is I go to a museum or art gallery and get re-inspired:) And I've been doing this for over 50 years.

Latest threads

Top Bottom