I came back!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Saelee, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Saelee

Saelee Mu-43 Regular

Feb 10, 2011
    My first m43 camera was the Olympus EP1. I bought it because I didn't want to carry my D700 for taking picture casually. It was small, light and did the job. But I ended up selling it and with with a smaller system, a PnS, the Olympus XZ-1.

Last night I pulled the trigger on the Panasonic GH2 for $499 off of bhphoto.com. They had free overnight shipping so I took advantage of that.

This time around I will use it mainly for video. Many users raved the camera's video ability after you hacked it. As a professional photographer, video is something that I can't ignore anymore.
  2. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Fortunately, as an amateur I can totally ignore video :biggrin:

Welcome back, Saelee!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Chuck Pike

Chuck Pike Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 3, 2010
    Charlotte, NC.
    looks like a good buy.

I have been looking at what is out there but I am not in the market at the moment. I now own the G3, and it is working like a champ, but I never know when a shutter might stop working, or some other important part, so I try and keep current with what is available. When I need to upgrade, it will be the latest and greatest of the last go around, not that current offering. You have bought a great camera from everything I have read, and at a good price. As far as video I have not done much, but it is the future as well as stills. I remember when they first came out with SLR's in stead of rangefinders. People were not sure about that mirror flopping up and down, and how much noise it made. The selling point was what you see is what you get, with the SLR, and it did take over the market. I keep forgetting that my camera can do video.

Images for books, magazines and calendars | photosbypike
  4. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
  5. Saelee

Saelee Mu-43 Regular

Feb 10, 2011
    Thanks everyone
  6. aragorn1980

aragorn1980 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 10, 2012
    Athens Greece
    Welcome to the forum!Enjoy your new camera!