I came back....to m4/3 :-)

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by m43_user, Dec 27, 2013.

1. m43_user

m43_user Mu-43 Regular

Aug 4, 2010
    It's been off and on for me. First a G2, then sold it....then tempted and bought the GH2....then sold and forgot about m4/3 for awhile...then bought the E-M5 and loved many things about it, including the lenses. Sold that and thought I wouldn't be back....but now....the E-M1 is mine and I think I'm here to stay with this system (still keeping my D600 and X100S though). I have the E-M1 with the 17mm f/1.8 and the 12-40mm f/2.8. I think this will be my most used camera for many reasons. I just love it.

Now for some photos from the last week since I've owned it :)
    Oh and my full gallery for the E-M1 is here: http://www.openbloom.com/CAMERAGEAR/Olympus-OMD-EM1-Gallery

• Like Like x 16
  2. Roger

Roger Mu-43 Regular

Jul 2, 2011
    Western PA
    Great shots. You have a good eye. I started where you did - with the G2. The difference is, I'm still there.
  3. m43_user

m43_user Mu-43 Regular

Aug 4, 2010
    Thanks. Honestly, I liked my G2 images better than my GH2 images ;-)
  4. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Welcome home - terrific photos!
  5. RnR

RnR Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Could you expand on why you left in the first place? And why you came back?
  6. 50orsohours

50orsohours Mu-43 All-Pro

Oct 13, 2013
    Portland Oregon
    With your username, you have to use M4/3 stuff.

Welcome back.
  7. bigboysdad

bigboysdad Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 25, 2013
    Sydney/ London
    "Could you expand on why you left in the first place? And why you came back?"

Yes, it does seem a bit strange, in view of the excellent hardware and software of m43, whilst I do think about other systems such as the Fuji one and note how good they are, it's never going to be enough to sell up all of my m43 gear.
  8. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
  9. m43_user

m43_user Mu-43 Regular

Aug 4, 2010
    I have to go on a short day trip but I'll explain more about why I left and so on later today :)
  10. hazwing

hazwing Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 25, 2012
  11. DjordjeJ

DjordjeJ Mu-43 Regular

Dec 19, 2009
    Belgrade, Serbia
    You have some great shots. I myself also had several switches but I am at m43 again. It has some weakneses but also a lot of strength.

Sent from my Telenor_Smart_HD using Mu-43 mobile app
  12. elandel

elandel Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 16, 2010
    Milan, Italy
    I also went you way; back and forth. Now with M1 just bought today.

Great pics.
  13. e_kjellgren

e_kjellgren Mu-43 Regular

Oct 17, 2011
    I really like the first pic!
  14. m43_user

m43_user Mu-43 Regular

Aug 4, 2010
    Thanks everyone.

I left a few times because I kept craving the high ISO quality of the larger sensors for one thing...and when I first started out with m4/3, it was just to replace my small point and shoot camera, not my SLR. So m4/3 is quite a bit larger (with lenses) than point and shoot, so I ended up going back to a premium point and shoot for that purpose. Then when I thought I'd replace my DSLR, I bought the E-M5. I ended up not liking the feel of the camera, but I loved the IBIS and the image quality. So eventually I got back to where I am now. Keeping a DSLR for occasional use but having a great high quality m4/3 camera for most usage.

Photo from today in Nashville, Indiana. :) (E-M1 and 12-40) By the way, the white balance on the E-M1 is the best I've ever seen, on any camera I've used.

• Like Like x 1