1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

i bought the Oly 17mm, quick help.

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by cariocaleo, Aug 22, 2012.

1. cariocaleo

cariocaleo Mu-43 Regular

Jul 30, 2012
    Got a very good deal for it and I got it shortly after purchasing my GX1, which is a very nice tool. I like the lens, the AF speed is not bad, the lens is by no means slow to focus, but it struggles a bit when dim. My only question is... Is it normal for it to continuously hunt for focus, even when the shutter button is NOT partially depressed? Never experienced this with any other lens, but my last DSLR didn't have video... Or maybe it's defective. Thanks for I puts.

2. Aegon

Aegon Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 3, 2011
    Portland, OR
    Your camera is probably set to "quick focus" or something similar. This type of mode will automatically refocus every now and then. What model camera is it?

• Like Like x 1
  3. cariocaleo

cariocaleo Mu-43 Regular

Jul 30, 2012
    It's a GX1... I believe you are right... It is now fixed :)
    Again I am pleased with this little lens.... More to come in the next few days

4. greenarcher02

greenarcher02 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 13, 2012
    Manila, Philippines
    It's Quick AF. It's found in the 2nd page in REC menu.

• Like Like x 1
  5. cariocaleo

cariocaleo Mu-43 Regular

Jul 30, 2012
    Thanks all, that did it. I guess I'll enable that for action shots, nifty little thing to have, and it works quite well. Didn't notice on the kit lens before... Probably due to internal focus.

6. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    The 17mm is a nice little lens, I only sold mine because I bought the 20mm.

7. cariocaleo

cariocaleo Mu-43 Regular

Jul 30, 2012
    You know, Revbob, I am thinking of doing the same thing myself... Even though I think this 17mm is excellent, and I like the 35mm FOV... I can always stay back... But aperture is king. Maybe when Olympus upgrades it?