I bought the LX100, and I have a problem!

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by memzinla, Sep 11, 2015.

1. memzinla

memzinla Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 31, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    I bought the Panasonic via GreenToe, and Adorama sold me the camera. I offered $580, and it got accepted. I wondered if it was a used of the accepted price. The camera arrived, and it looks like it's in new condition. The problem is that it has a white dot on the LCD. It annoys me. It's weird. It doesn't really show up when there's black in that area, but it does show when there's lighter colors. Pictures look really good though. Another thing I noticed was that recording video in 4K stopped. I had the LX100 when it came out, and I didn't have that problem. It was the same SD card. :/

I took the typical cat pic. haha

I have the Olympus FL-300R flash and it works with it!
  2. pdk42

pdk42 One of the "Eh?" team

Jan 11, 2013
    Leamington Spa, UK
    Well, if they'll give you another for $500, then swap it - but $500 is quite a price so if that's not an option, I'd just keep it. The spot wouldn't bother me that much. You could also send it back to Panasonic - is it under warranty?
  3. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    Even though you negotiated the price with Greentoe, you still bought it from Adorama and they will honor their exchange/return policy since you bought it directly from them. Just email or call Adorama and ask for a replacement.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. m4/3boy

m4/3boy Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 21, 2013
    Just contact Adorama and return it. How hard is that to figure out?
  5. demiro

demiro Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
    Yeah, it's not like you bought a grey market camera. GreenToe is legit, and, obviously, so is Adorama.
  6. memzinla

memzinla Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 31, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Yeah. As soon as I noticed I emailed Adorama to get a replacement. It was Friday afternoon, so
    That was the first thing I did. ;) Just wanted to post what happened, and wanted to see if anyone else replied with the same problem. The thing is I'm leaving to Mexico on Thursday, and I'm nervous I won't receive it in time.
  7. davidzvi

davidzvi Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 12, 2012
    Outside Boston MA
    Dang, $580? I thought I got a good deal a little while ago.

It's fun camera and complements my M4/3 setup well. And uses the same batteries as the GX7 I have now.
  8. memzinla

memzinla Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 31, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Yeah! At first they said no, and were only giving me a $50 dollar discount from the price at Amazon. I asked what happened, that before I used to have 100 discounts from GreenToe. They replied saying my offer was accepted. I was surprised!