1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

I bought a Full Frame for AUD 10 :)

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Bhupinder2002, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Hi Guys ..
    We have a thread here which reads ' My full frame is film ' :wink::wink:So I bought this stunning beauty for AUD 10 from a Sunday market in fully working condition .I have installed batteries and film is in there as well, shot few pics and will share once I develop them .I am holding film camera after 15 years and its so nice :biggrin::biggrin:Here are some pics of this stunning beauty :smile::smile:
    Cheers

P4230950.

P4230956.

P4230958.

2. phigmov

phigmov Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 4, 2010
    Nice score !

Whats the mount ? You'll have to get an adaptor and see how the lens performs on m43's.

3. mattia

mattia Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 3, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Hmm. I should really dust off my Leica R3, change a battery and shoot a few frames, shouldn't I?

4. Bhupinder2002

Hahahah I think u should :2thumbs::2thumbs:.I am getting quite nostalgic actually . I still have my first film camera at my home . Its a different feeling ,free from digital clutter . It makes u smile.
    Cheers

5. Geoff3DMN

Geoff3DMN Mu-43 Veteran

Can't complain about the price!

6. Ian.

Ian. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2013
    Munich
    Ian
    ...until you have to start buying film. Remember film? Oh and developing. All adds up over time. An 8Gb SD Card costs less.

But yes, the price of digital hardware seems so much more. With analog you can take top quality pictures with a simple rangefinder and a good roll of film. With digital you need to pay top money to get the top of the range hardware even with a simple prime lens.

7. Bhupinder2002

I agree Ian but its fun.. I bought a Kodak film for AUD 3 and developing 24 shots will cost around 10 dollars. Its just for fun. Its a different feeling.I am learning to be patient . This digital era has made us hyperanxious and impatient .
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

8. entropicremnants

entropicremnants Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 16, 2012
    John Griggs
    I have one of these and it's great. My first SLR was a KR-10 (not "Super") in 1981. I shot medium format and rangefinders before that.

That KR-10 proved to be tougher than it's all-plastic shell goodness seemed to promise. It was once punched off my face -- literally -- when I was photographing a brawl and it went bouncing across a parking lot. Cracked the top plate (which I covered with a piece of electrical tape) and kept on giving for another decade before giving up the ghost in 2001.

A lot of KR-10's were sold with the 50mm f/2 Rikenon, but the f/1.7 is just that much better.

9. Ian.

Ian. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2013
    Munich
    Ian
    Yes. I guess I could still cope. But not as far as the darkroom though. But I guess scanning in is OK.

The next generation cameras are getting so retro, you'll not be able to see the pictures you took until you send the SD card in to be developed!

10. entropicremnants

Jul 16, 2012
    John Griggs
    Here's the one I currently have. I fixed the shutter and replaced the film rewind lever that's shown missing here.

4309526755_7889a10d42_z.
    My Film Camera Collection: 1981 Ricoh KR-10 Super by Entropic Remnants, on Flickr

Next is a photo I took just after my youngest daughter's birth in 1992. I didn't get any pictures of the birth because I was involved in other ways, lol. There were difficulties so we moved from a birth center to a hospital but all the doctors and nurses were involved in emergencies so the midwife (shown here) and I were the only ones doing the birth. The nurse in the background showed up at then end as the midwife was stitching up the episiotomy (which I may not have spelled correctly, lol).

That was taken on some very grainy ASA 1000 color print film.

4233150468_93827c34c2_z.
    Old Film: Alyssa's Birth by Entropic Remnants, on Flickr

Same daughter, nearly 10 years later.

4429760664_8edf68846e_z.
    Old Film Lying Around (7 of 7) by Entropic Remnants, on Flickr

That camera served me well through many times of my life.

11. Bhupinder2002

Thanks a lot for ur valuable input John.I love the feel and built of this camera. Its nice and solid. I love this lens and will see how it performs on OMD.
    Cheers

12. Cruzan80

Cruzan80 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    Denver, Co
    Sean Rastsmith
    TRAITOR! When I saw the author, I felt sure it was an older OM camera. Now you ditch it for some other brand? How dare you call yourself an Olympus fanb*y?!

:drama: {Insert row of various smileys here} :drama:

13. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 14, 2012
    New Mexico
    Larry
    Well here's an Olympus ******: OM-1, OM-10, 2- XA's and and X-A1. Along with my E-M5.

AND I USE ALL OF THEM!!

I haven't shot much film for a month, because though I have the film, I'm broke and can't buy paper to print. Set up a small darkroom again a couple of months ago, because I missed having access to one, especially since I got my Hasselblad 500 CM, a really sweet machine by any standard. And those Zeiss lenses. Wish I could afford some Zeiss lenses for my rangefinders (and adapt them to the E-M5)

Here's a couple taken with the OM-1. As an old leftie, I sent the first one to our governor at the time, telling him that though I thought it was a funny coincidence, I also meant it. (He wrote back to me -- thanking me for the humor, but not promising to change his stripes!)
    [​IMG]

The second is of an old, abandaned gas station that I found very photogenic.
    [​IMG]

I love shooting film. It's a whole different experience, and I find having no access to the images that I've just shot until the film is processed is liberating, and it makes me meter my shots more carefully.

So load that camera up with film, Bhupinder, and share some of the results with us!

14. entropicremnants

Jul 16, 2012
    John Griggs
    Easy, fellows: when Ricoh/Pentax buys Olympus we'll all be family again... :drinks: