I asked Olympus about 24 fps video support...

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by JStheoriginal, Apr 3, 2013.

1. JStheoriginal

JStheoriginal Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 9, 2013
    Canada
    Justin
    And they got back. It'll likely go nowhere past this but it's worth making noise over anyway, IMHO. Maybe if others put the suggestion in using their website they'll hear a crowd?!? :biggrin:

http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/cpg_dig_cam_questions.asp?category=Digital Cameras&id=1583

Question: This camera currently only records in 30 fps. Can you tell me whether 24 fps video support is something that can be implemented in future firmware revisions for this camera? Is this something being worked on? Thanks.

Answer: At this point there have been no announcements that indicate we will add 24fps video support in the E-M5. I will forward your email to our product marketing team for consideration.

2. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    It's worth asking. I sent an email direct to Olympus Japan about implementing IBIS with MF lenses. A few months later they did it! :biggrin:

3. Tapper

Tapper Mu-43 Regular

Mar 12, 2013
    Interesting that the email is being forwarded to a MARKETING team, i.e. like many things the EM5 can easily handle such features, but marketing suits decide what to leave on or off to make other products attractive so you buy more than one.

Maybe someday the firmware will be nicely hacked and the EM5 will have a bunch of new features.

4. fooddude

fooddude Mu-43 Regular

May 22, 2012
    24P request sent!!!

edit:

Dear Edgar,

Thank you for your comments. We are not provided advance knowledge of upcoming features until they are actually released. However, we will forward your comments to our marketing group so they may see there is an interest in this type of video specification on future models.

Regards,
    Digital Technical Support
    Olympus Imaging America