I am thankful for

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by dixeyk, Nov 24, 2011.

1. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010
    - I have a wife that loves me and a beautiful young man that calls me dad
    - I have enough to eat that I can share it with my parents and friends
    - I am nine years clear of cancer and understand that every day when I get up it is a gift.

I don't need anything else and that includes my (well used) m43 cameras and any other sort of gear or gadget that I have (and I have a few). Ten years ago I lost everything in he world in the aftermath of cancer (home, car, savings, retirement, business, possessions). What I did not lose was family, faith, my will to live, my soul and in the end my life. I have been extraordinarily lucky and have been able to go back to school, get a decent job that I actually enjoy for the most part and have been able to indulge a tiny bit from time to time. I got an iPad to celebrate my fiftieth and of course my cameras (although I always buy things used and do a lot of horse trading).

That said, my stuff is just stuff. Losing it all the first time taught me that it is nothing more than that. Best to all this day, show your friends and family you love them, share your bounty with those who are no so fortunate and be well.
    • Like Like x 11
  2. Hyubie

Hyubie Unique like everyone else

Oct 15, 2010
    Having a wife and 2 girls is the best thing that's ever happened to me. Well, aside from being born. :smile:
    • Like Like x 3
  3. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010
    Same here.