I am rapidly changing to Fujifilm X

LovinTheEP2

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I owned an E-M5. I sold it. That should tell you where I am with regard to your comment. How big do YOU print?...

Capabilities do not exist in a vacuum unless you just want to argue all day about specs. Have fun. My choices are driven by specific photographic goals and the Fuji smokes the E-M5 IQ.
Then why not just get a D800e or SD1.. :cool: but yeah.. you fall into a group which are ok dealing with Fuji disadvantages to eek out a tiny bit of IQ.. :cool: The absolute only disadvantage of Olympus m43 to Fuji would be sensor size and except for a very few photographic situations it`s just a mine is bigger then yours situation which is :cool:

But jumping ship from M43s to Fuji is a bit odd IMO.. unless you were going to a X100s solely and not into a ILC. If you hadn`t entered into m43 camp and were building up from scratch or maybe getting rid of your leica rf gear then maybe id get it.

Going to X Pro1 or (or one of their XPro variants) you'd still need a 2nd system camera with fast s-autofocus and probably good to fast c-af. Unless, you're shooting only static subjects. In which case, I'd rather get SD1 or DPXm (and shoot solely at native iso). But that`s me.

Now adding a XPro as a 2nd body to m43s - Id get it...:cool:

jloden

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Well, thank God you were able to leave with controversy at least John :biggrin: :rofl:

FWIW, I think you two are talking at cross-purposes and mis-reading or reading too much into each others comments here, and I don't think any trolling was intended.

Going to X Pro1 or (or one of their XPro variants) you'd still need a 2nd system camera with fast s-autofocus and probably good to fast c-af. Unless, you're shooting only static subjects. In which case, I'd rather get SD1 or DPXm (and shoot solely at native iso). But that`s me.

Now adding a XPro as a 2nd body to m43s - Id get it...:cool:
Just FYI, the latest X-Pro/X-E1 FW update in July made some pretty big inroads in AF performance. This is coming from somebody that once would only consider Fuji suitable as a second system. It's not m4/3 fast perhaps, but it's fast enough that it's no longer something that concerns me. For John who does mostly urbex photos on a tripod it's even less of an issue anyway. For thtat matter, fact that Fuji can make such incremental improvements in firmware updates to already-released cameras is a second point in their favor. Heck they even added focus peaking and other oft-requested features which is something Panasonic and Olympus could stand to pick up a few pointers on :smile:

entropicremnants

Mu-43 All-Pro
Ha ha! Jay don't go all peace-maker on me and spoil my fun! I haven't had this much fun since... well... this morning with the hacker on Serious Compacts, lol.

He's got a nyah-nyah attitude that would be more at home on DPReview... where he probably came from, lol.

Well, thank God you were able to leave with controversy at least John :biggrin: :rofl:

FWIW, I think you two are talking at cross-purposes and mis-reading or reading too much into each others comments here, and I don't think any trolling was intended.

Just FYI, the latest X-Pro/X-E1 FW update in July made some pretty big inroads in AF performance. This is coming from somebody that once would only consider Fuji suitable as a second system. It's not m4/3 fast perhaps, but it's fast enough that it's no longer something that concerns me. For John who does mostly urbex photos on a tripod it's even less of an issue anyway. For thtat matter, fact that Fuji can make such incremental improvements in firmware updates to already-released cameras is a second point in their favor. Heck they even added focus peaking and other oft-requested features which is something Panasonic and Olympus could stand to pick up a few pointers on :smile:

zapatista

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I've actually drifted back to mu-43 (G5) after shuffling through the XE-1/all the native lenses. The G5 feels better and I've found I actually like have an articulating screen and an EVF on the same body. However, I didn't switch back based on IQ--though that should be fairly obvious. I do miss having a physical mf/af switch--you can't have everything.

entropicremnants

Mu-43 All-Pro
I've actually drifted back to mu-43 (G5) after shuffling through the XE-1/all the native lenses. The G5 feels better and I've found I actually like have an articulating screen and an EVF on the same body. However, I didn't switch back based on IQ--though that should be fairly obvious.
Which is really the point I was making: what you use should be based on what you NEED and ad hominem attacks demeaning folks choices are totally unnecessary. I know what I'm giving up from micro four thirds, and I know what I'm moving to with Fuji. It's a choice that is justified only by my photographic goals and not abstract system "superiority" or one sort of another.

For me, it's pragmatic. Fuji is the sharpest system I CAN AFFORD, lol.

yekimrd

Mu-43 All-Pro
Oh my.. I really hope Mu-43 doesn't change from a friendly forum into DPreview. :eek: We all have our needs and are entitled to our own opinions. No need for fan boi-isms here.

The thing is the majority of photo enthusiasts (myself included) only post online and don't make large prints. John himself said that he was (as I was) happy with his MFT equipment except for HIS needs, the added IQ provides a measurable advantage -- that he can print larger and would need to do less postprocessing to get his intended final product.

My sister showed me that between the Fuji X Trans (color processing and lack of AA filter) and its larger sized sensor, the advantage is significant for a pixel peeper or for someone who prints large (which she does). For me, I would've been happy with MFT. Except, now I've been lured onto the dark side and it's hard to escape the Fuji lure.

LovinTheEP2

Mu-43 Top Veteran

:thumbup: :drinks:

dornblaser

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Boy, I have been tempted to try Fuji X. The X100s really, really appeals to me but so does my current O 17 on the OMD (oops, can't call it that anymore). Good luck with X. I would be very happy if X and :43: both do well.

penfan2010

Mu-43 All-Pro
Good luck, John, I see you more on Fuji X and SC than I do here anyway (mainly bec. i very rarely visit mu43 anymore). I started on my mirror-less journey on mu-43 in 2010, but I've been using both systems on a 50/50 basis for a year now (mostly sharing legacy OM and Pen-F lenses on both systems). Both have their pros and cons, like all systems. Enjoy, and looking to see more of your Fuji photos on the other sites.

tdekany

Mu-43 All-Pro
John, while I know I haven't seen all your pictures with the Fuji, the ones I have seen? Do not compare to your pictures with the G5 on my computer screen. Those were the best pictures I have seen from you by a mile (or in general on this forum)

Where can I see some of your new pictures?

MODERATION NOTE:

One recent post has already been deleted from this thread for containing inappropriate and insulting language. This sort of thing should have been left behind in the schoolyard. Threads that devolve into "My camera is bigger/better/badder than your camera" and personal slanging matches aren't going to be around for long.