I am leaving

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by swampduck, Apr 3, 2013.

1. swampduck

swampduck Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 29, 2013
    Taneytown , MD
    I can't continue to stay here on the forum any longer. If I do, I will be broke, homeless and divorced. This forum, more then any other I have been a part of makes me want to spend, spend, spend.

40-150 - purchased
    14/17/19mm - deciding on which to buy
    75-300 - fighting the temtptaion...and starting to lose
    75mm - my will is cracking, and all the kings horses and all the kings men won't be able to fix it
    VF-3 - dam*it

Plus you people are way too friendly for me...not enough drama and bickering like at another place that rhymes with dpreview.

Ha, all kidding aside, I love this forum and that in itself makes me glad I picked up the m4/3 format
  2. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    New Site Tagline

"mu-43: single-handedly keeping PanOly in business"

btw -- did you download the app? Now you can reply from the bathroom!
  3. swampduck

swampduck Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 29, 2013
    Taneytown , MD
    The Tapatalk app? If that is the one, yes, I do, and have
  4. rnagoda

rnagoda Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 12, 2012
    Pittsburgh, PA
    So ... you've only just begun? :eek:
  5. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Yeah, I think my avatar says it all: Mu-43 forum causes GAS (Gear Acquisition Syndrome). :rolleyes:

So far the only antidote I've found (short of leaving altogether as you've suggested) is to step away from the computer and get out and shoot pictures with the gear I already own.
  6. MikeR_GF1

MikeR_GF1 Mu-43 Veteran

As my wife is - recently - wont to ask, "Just how many cameras [or lenses, or other stuff] do you HAVE?"

I think that the most interesting group of people post here, and I like the global flair. Where else can I just happen upon photos taken in Turkey, Pakistan, Rome, Sydney, London, New York, et al, all in one place?
  7. juangrande

juangrande Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 2, 2012
    I pretty sure Amin is on the board of directors on Pan/Oly!:drinks:
  8. Savas K

Savas K Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 10, 2013
    The GAS that arises here is real bad (especially if using the app in the bathroom :) ). For me, it's a learning curve and I'll probably sell some of what I've accumulated once it all settles down and I am finally out shooting for shooting sake; and not for gear and lens testing.
  9. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    I will admit to seven modern digital cameras. My old film cameras don't count. Anyone else prepared to give up actual numbers?
  10. RobWatson

RobWatson Mu-43 Hall of Famer

So you are not leaving? I was hoping to pick up some used gear for cheap ...
  11. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Only three digital and one film at present (also a smart phone). I do have one coming in from Amazon right now. Due tomorrow.
  12. entropicremnants

entropicremnants Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 16, 2012
    John Griggs
    I have refused to join any forums, about anything, for years. Yet I joined here after reading on it for months. I agree: nice folks hereabouts.

AND: I agree on getting gear. Criminy! Now Gary Ayala has me thinking about a Fuji X-Trans based camera...

And I have just THREE cameras. I cannot let the Strategic Camera Gap put me in a disadvantageous position!

Actually I have just two (E-M5 and LX-7) until the Panny G5 arrives. But that's classified... shhhhh...
  13. dogs100

dogs100 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 12, 2011
    N Devon UK
    :eek:I have 6, although I keep one of them for nostalgicreasons ... and one was a bad buy ... the other 4 get used although I really only like using 3 ...

PS must close my wife has just come into the room :eek:
  14. RobWatson

RobWatson Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Only two for me. E-P1 for this whole time (actually one E-P1 bought by and for work) and I just got a call from the wife saying my used E-M5 has come in this mornings post.

All other cameras get used until they die then get disassembled and turned into other things. Usually garbage.

Uh oh, I just remembered my old Kodak Retina ... so 3 cameras in 40 years that have survived.
  15. MikeR_GF1

MikeR_GF1 Mu-43 Veteran

GF1 (mine)
    GF1 (wife's)
    GH2 (bof'us)
    Powershot A-530 (carried in car)
    Powershot A-590 (now up on eBay)
    Nikon D100 (IR conversion - project camera)
    Coolpix 885 (IR conversion - ILO D100, when traveling light)
    Coolpix 4100 (probably give to niece when she visits this summer)
    Kodak DC4800 (my first digital camera)
    ... and film camera that go back 50 years (but I seem to have lost the Kodak Instamatic)
  16. fransglans

fransglans Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 12, 2012
    Gas is a pain :) I´m on a year of rehab from it (made a decision at new years day to not bye any camera thing whatsoever in 2013), and today almost 4 months later the GAS still talks to me about buying a new house, lens.
    But I wont listen :)
    If if wasnt for all the beatuful pictures taken by all m43 people here I would have left this forum for a long time ago!

-One lens One year / FG
  17. entropicremnants

entropicremnants Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 16, 2012
    John Griggs
    Well, if we are going to count film cameras then I'm a total GAS freak as I have like 50 or more in my collection, lol. I've sold a few, bought a few since this set was put together, but I still have "too many".

My wife likes them though and had me buy a glassed display case to show them off in the dining room -- which surprised me actually.

Not all have been photographed but most have. Set is here: Film Camera Collection - a set on Flickr
  18. slothead

slothead Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 14, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    You actually had me believing you Swampy! And while just about everything you stated may be true... well screw it... Stick around and have fun!

And by the way the 75 is a GREAT lens, but the VF3, well while it has a great promo right now, I like the VF2 better.