1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

I am completely sold on mirrorless after yesterday.

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by KVG, Jul 19, 2012.

1. KVG

KVG Banned User

May 10, 2011
    yyc(Calgary, AB)
    Kelly Gibbons
    Yesterday I took a trip to the zoo with the family and brought the Canon dslr with a 100-300mm zoom and realized dslr's aren't for me at all anymore. After using my GF1 for over a year now, I really like seeing what the exposure will look like before I snap the shot and the compact size just makes me enjoy it that much more. Personally my only complaint about my camera is the high iso noise, but that will be easily fixed when I finally decide to update my body. I don't know if I will always stick to m43, because the fuji's are mighty tempting, but I can tell you this I will never buy another DSLR, it's just not for me.

IMG_2569.

• Like Like x 6
  2. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Wait, is that supposed to be a photo of a typical DSLR user?

• Like Like x 2
  3. tdekany

tdekany Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 8, 2011
    Oregon
    :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::bravo-009:

So funny!

PS: not that I think of DSLR user as such.

• Like Like x 2
  4. KVG

KVG Banned User

May 10, 2011
    yyc(Calgary, AB)
    Kelly Gibbons
    Nice!:rofl:

• Like Like x 1
  5. brutto

brutto Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 17, 2011
    Beautiful photo KVG. I reached the same conclusion yesterday, I was planning to go back to a big ol' FF dslr and spent the afternoon playing with a 5D2 and 5D3 but after the E-P3 they felt completely ridiculous. Huge lumbering things. No fun at all.

• Like Like x 1
  6. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

The new Canon mirrorless might be right for you if you already have EF lenses. The rumors are an APS sensor with all new lenses but an adaptor will allow EF lenses to be used. I so wish Nikon had done this instead of the Nikon 1.

• Like Like x 1
  7. KVG

KVG Banned User

May 10, 2011
    yyc(Calgary, AB)
    Kelly Gibbons
    @Brutto

^Agreed. I don't think M43 is better that a dslr, just different in a better way for myself. When my wife asked for the camera she looked at for a moment like it was a puzzle box and handed it back. Now with the high iso and af getting so good on the new mirrorless cameras the only advantage to me of having a dslr would be a ff sensor for shallower dof.

@Speedandstyle

The Canon glass I have is junk a kit lens and a Sigma 100-300mm, so that would be no incentive to me, but but you never know how it will perform. I have never used a m43 lens that I thought had poor IQ, even the panny 14-42mm is a great little lens.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Livnius

Livnius Super Moderator

Jul 7, 2011
    Melbourne. Australia
    Joe
    I don't have a big @ss FF camera but have out of curiosity had a play with several larger body kits owned by friends and every time I pick one up I am just astonished at what my little mu43 kit can do relative to its size....my gear I feel certainly punches above its weight and can put on such a strong show that I doubt I will ever be tempted to go BIG. I'm with you Kelly in that the only system that really interests me in a big way is the XPro line by Fuji....but in all honesty I will only really consider jumping in when in perhaps 2/3 years the system has expanded its lens options.....and that is the strength of mu43. Not only is it a high performance system that is compact....it offers us a rich and diverse lineup of lenses.

Man, I can put an EM5 with PL25 in a small bag with the 7-14....P14....Oly45 and soon the P35-100 together with a spare battery, lens pen and some filters and still not have to feel like a pack mule suffering a cruel owner !!

Everything is a compromise...for me at this moment, and for the foreseeable future....mu43 is an excellent compromise.

• Like Like x 1
  9. KVG

KVG Banned User

May 10, 2011
    yyc(Calgary, AB)
    Kelly Gibbons
    Well put Joe:2thumbs: Most of the time for me I grab my sling strap and a lens and I'm good to go :smile:

10. pointbob

pointbob Mu-43 Regular

Aug 2, 2012
    but what about the 3d pop of full frames lol