Hunt's Photo Show 10/5-6-7 2021 (Boston, MA area)

exakta

Mu-43 Top Veteran
For those in the Boston, MA area, the Hunt's Photo Show kicks off today. m43 specials include E-M10 IIIs and IV refurbs, 12-40 and 100-400 refurbs. Reps will be showing off the newest Canikony toys.

Hunt's Photo Show flyer

davidzvi

Super Moderator
Real Name
David
Planning on going @exakta? I haven't decided yet. Wouldn't mind playing with the new Z9, but I imagine there will be a long line for that one since they've said it would be there.

I haven't seen anything on the 20mm f/1.4, but they might.

exakta

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I found out about this by accident. I was planning to go to Hunt's today to buy an E-M5 mkIII but when I saw the flyer I figured it would be a madhouse.

Michael Meissner

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I went on Saturday afternoon about 4pm. The crowds weren't bad at that time. The Olympus rep that I know (Andy) is now with OM Solutions, and I touched base with my salesman (Cole).

I looked at the 20mm and it looks like a decent lens. I still think it is over-priced at $800 ($600 would have been better IMHO). But down the road, I will keep an eye out for sales, etc.

I also tried the 100-400mm out, and that is a hefty lens. It would just barely fit in my favorite shoulder bag, and I would not be able to mount the camera on it like I can do on the other lenses. Because they were selling refurbished 100-400mm's I was thinking about selling some gear (Panasonic FZ300, LX10, and 100-300mm mark 2) to make a dent at buying it, but ultimately I decided since I'm still paying off the E-m1 mark II, not to buy anything at this time. While very occasionally I want a longer focal length than 300mm, I find I often leave the 100-300mm at home (likewise the classic 4/3rds 50-200mm + EC-14) due to weight, and the 100-400mm is even bigger. I suspect it is too large for me.

I also saw the 150-400mm and man that is a beast.

davidzvi

Super Moderator
Real Name
David
Wish I knew they were going to have the 20mm there. Probably should have called. But the weekend has been pretty disorganized (for lack of a better word). Wonder what's staying in the store and what was just part of the traveling tour.

Yes $800 seems a little high, debating. I bought and returned the 100-400, it was just too big for me. I image the 150-400 is a very cool beast.

Michael Meissner

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Wish I knew they were going to have the 20mm there. Probably should have called. But the weekend has been pretty disorganized (for lack of a better word). Wonder what's staying in the store and what was just part of the traveling tour.

Yes $800 seems a little high, debating. I bought and returned the 100-400, it was just too big for me. I image the 150-400 is a very cool beast.
Note, Hunts themselves probably would not know whether the Olympus reps are planning to have a particular lens (it might be different for the new Nikon which has a higher profile). With shipping the way things are these days, I imagine that even if Olympus planned to have the lens there, it might not arrive in time (this has happened occasionally in pre-pandemic times).

Generally, once things starts shipping, Hunts has been among the first stores to get the new gear from Olympus. But depending on how popular it is, it may be Hunts has more orders for gear than Olympus can initially ship. It isn't just Olympus, I've heard the salesfolk complain about each of the manufacturers in turn not being able to meet the initial order rush ASAP. I would have to imagine given the buzz that the Nikon Z3 will hard to get for awhile.

For example, I think it was the E-510 (or possibly the E-P2), where Hunts had 3 pre-orders, but the first shipment only one showed up at the store. I was the lucky person that got the first camera. The other people had to wait 2-3 days before they got theirs.

And of course things may be different now that OM makes the cameras.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom