Humming birds first attempt

porkphoto

Mu-43 Rookie
I just received my EP-1 today and tried it out in the backyard. I used a Voigtlander adapter and Nikon 60mm f2.8 micro. C&C please. This is definitely a tripod must use experience. The feeder was in deep shade and late afternoon.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

porkphoto

Mu-43 Rookie

porkphoto

Mu-43 Rookie
Here is an overall view of the location of my feeder. You'll see it hanging in the left quadrant under deep shade of the bouganvilla. Shutter speed was 1/40sec and apperture was set at 2.8. The camera and lens could not communicate with each other due to the adapter in between. It does seem like there was enough light available but such was not the case.

julienrl

Mu-43 Regular
nicely done! This is exactly the kind of setting that would completely mess with a p&s camera. I take it the tripod was to avoid movement so the focus could be fixed (since the ep-1's IS is good enough for 1\40)?

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom