1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Huelight Profiles

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by gugarci, Aug 15, 2014.

1. gugarci

gugarci Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 8, 2012
    Lyndhurst, NJ
    Bill
    Is anyone here using the Huelight Profiles on their Panasonic body?
    I used them all the time in LR with my E-P3 files. Over-all I don't like the colors LR is giving my GX7 raw files.
    Adobe standard displays my greens with way too much of a yellow hue. Comparing the out of the box colors between LR & C1P I prefer C1P colors much better.

Thanks.

2. Mat - MirrorLessons

Mat - MirrorLessons Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 10, 2013
    Turin
    I used Huelight profiles for lots of different cameras. I really like the recent version for the GH4, it gives a warmer tone to the pictures in comparison to the Adobe Standard profile.

• Like Like x 1
  3. kingduct

kingduct Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 12, 2013
    Yes, I use them for my G5. I definitely liked the colors more, though I may have been biased since I was switching from an E-PL5 and had really liked the Olympus out of camera jpegs.

• Like Like x 1
  4. gugarci

gugarci Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 8, 2012
    Lyndhurst, NJ
    Bill
    I might by them since they are only $10. But I have no issues with the Panasonic looks of the JPEG's. Panasonic VS Olympus JPEG's is apple to oranges. My issue is with the way LR & Adobe Standard displays my colors of my raw files. C1P does a much better job in my opinion giving me better looking colors right out of the box.

5. yakky

yakky Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Well, that is exactly what huelight aims to fix.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Chazworth

Chazworth Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 12, 2012
    Colorado (USA)
    Charlie
    I am using Huelight for my GX7 raw files, and I think that it does a great job. I have LR apply the setting at import.

• Like Like x 1
  7. gugarci

gugarci Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 8, 2012
    Lyndhurst, NJ
    Bill
    I wish Adobe would add some Panasonic color profiles. The one they added for Olympus are pretty good & very close to the Huelight profiles.

8. yakky

yakky Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Well... you CAN create your own profiles or take the olympus ones and mash them up to work with the Panasonic. Check out dcptool, it allows you to extract and create color profiles.

9. gugarci

gugarci Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 8, 2012
    Lyndhurst, NJ
    Bill
    If I wasn't mainly using C1P I would make my own custom profiles. But thanks for the info on that tool. Also I'm not interested in matching the Olympus colors. I know a lot of people love the Olympus JPEG's. And while they look great they don't always match the scene. A couple of weeks ago we had this really nice looking purple hue in the sky. Took some quick snaps using the default JPG settings on my cameras, both camera were using a Kelvin WB of 6000. My GX7 rendered the sky purplish, my E-P3 made it bluer. Both images looked good, the EP-3's had more saturation, but the GX7's was a much better match of the sky. Anyway YMMV.

10. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 5, 2011
    I use the his GH3 profile. The differences between it and the LR profile are subtle, but it's definitely better. I need to buy a profile for the GX7, I just keep forgetting to do so.

11. FastCorner

FastCorner Mu-43 Veteran

May 28, 2011
    I have been using the Huelight profile for my G2 for years; it's very good IMO. Nearly all the photos I most on this forum use his profile (with additional color temperature correction).