1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Huelight Panasonic ACR & Lightroom Profiles Available

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Huelight, May 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Huelight

Huelight Mu-43 Regular

Aug 15, 2011
    Hi All,

I have made available my Huelight camera profiles for ACR 6/7 & Lightroom 4 for the following camera models:-

Panasonic G1
    Panasonic G2
    Panasonic G3
    Panasonic G5
    Panasonic GF1
    Panasonic GF2
    Panasonic GF3
    Panasonic GF5
    Panasonic GH1
    Panasonic GH2
    Panasonic GH3
    Panasonic GX1

To obtain a copy please visit my site for more information: http://www.colorfidelity.com/

These profiles will improve the colour rendering and skin tones over the default Adobe profile. The profiles also balance the individual colour channels giving a more neutral image to aid future post processing.

I look forward to your feedback.

Colin

• Like Like x 8
  2. spinwards

spinwards Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 26, 2012
    In the Olympus thread you showed that your profile produces similar output to the manufacturer's software. Were you going for a particular look with the panasonic profiles?

3. Huelight

Huelight Mu-43 Regular

Aug 15, 2011
    All my profiles have the same 'Huelight' colour signature, it is very close to the colours produced by Olympus and Fuji cameras.

4. stratokaster

stratokaster Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 4, 2011
    Kyiv, Ukraine
    Pavel
    Hi Colin and thank you for your work.

Your profiles not only provide better color, they also help to mitigate the problem with individual channel clipping in Lightroom.

For example...

[​IMG]

The image on the left is with the default profile. The red channel clipped and the orange-yellow color of the taxis became unrealistically bright and flat.

The image on the right is with your profile and the same settings. The color is now almost exactly as it was in real life.

• Like Like x 2
  5. riverr02

riverr02 Mu-43 Veteran

May 2, 2011
    New York
    Rafael
    Awesome! Aperture?

Colin,

Great work, and stratokaster's demo shows how it improves the accuracy of color rendition for our Panny cameras. I only wish I could use it, as I'm using Aperture. Any chance- slim, I know- that you could do the same for Aperture?

Rafael

6. addieleman

addieleman Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 5, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Ad
    Thanks for doing this. I made some family shots with the GH2 last weekend that I wasn't happy about and I decided to try your profile as well as a custom profile for the Metz 45 flash I used. Below is the comparison. In the Huelight profile there is less saturation in the cooler colours, probably accounting for more satisfying skin colours, but I still prefer the skin tones of my custom profile. Once more I learned that it pays off to profile the camera/flash combo when I'm not happy with the results. It could well be that there is sample variation between camera samples of the same model. My G1 badly needed profiling, I didn't like the standard Adobe profile and to this day I cannot imagine that Adobe people would have been happy with the results of my G1, their profiles can't be that far off.

i-bSWncPq-XL.

i-68qvFZ5-XL.

7. Huelight

Huelight Mu-43 Regular

Aug 15, 2011
    Thanks for a great example.

This is what I mean by balancing the colour channels, yellow for one is helped greatly by this.

What camera did you use for the image?

Colin

8. stratokaster

Jan 4, 2011
    Kyiv, Ukraine
    Pavel
    Panasonic GH2

9. MizOre

MizOre Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 26, 2011
    I noticed that you also have a GF1 profile in the works. Looking forward to that, please be sure to let us all know when that's ready.

10. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I think the profile is a major improvement for GF3 files in Lightroom. Below is the default Lightroom profile applied with "Auto Tone" afterwards. Mouseover for the Huelight version applies with "Auto Tone" afterwards:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  11. stratokaster

Jan 4, 2011
    Kyiv, Ukraine
    Pavel
    Indeed, massive improvement with more harmonious colors.

Colin, do you by chance plan to release a version of your profile for the GF2?

• Like Like x 1
  12. mzd

mzd Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 30, 2010
    Wisconsin
    just curious, are these compatible with only LR 4 or will they work with LR 3.6 as well?
    thanks!

13. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I think they'll work although Colin didn't say so. They're free and take seconds to install. Why not give it a try?

14. Huelight

Huelight Mu-43 Regular

Aug 15, 2011
    They will work fine with LR3 not LR2...

• Like Like x 1
  15. Huelight

Huelight Mu-43 Regular

Aug 15, 2011
    Yes, I will also be making profiles for all Micro 4/3 cameras, Nikon 1 and Sony NEX models.

Nothings for the DSLR brigade :eek:

Colin

16. Huelight

Huelight Mu-43 Regular

Aug 15, 2011
    Another great example Amin.

I hope to refine this profile further so there should be more improvement to come.

What do you think about the way my profiles render blues? I need some feedback in this area.

Colin

17. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Colin, the blues are the one thing that I am not sure about. The greens and yellows are much nicer, but I have a gut feeling there is something I like about Olympus blue skies which isn't captured with the current profile. Sorry I can't be more specific.

18. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    Nice work, thanks for sharing. Now if only I could find some profiles for my G1..

19. FastCorner

FastCorner Mu-43 Veteran

May 28, 2011
    Hey Huelight is back! Is used your original profiles for my GF1 back a few years ago. I was wondering what happened to you when I got my second body (G2). Good to see you're around.

Looking forward to a G2 profile once you've found time work in it. :)

20. matz03

matz03 Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 10, 2011
    Boulder, CO
    did anyone else have trouble finding the right folders to install these profiles? I'm a LR 4 and windows 7 user and can't figure out the right folder.
    thx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.