1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Huelight Olympus ACR & Lightroom Profiles Available

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Huelight, May 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Huelight

Huelight Mu-43 Regular

Aug 15, 2011
    Hi All,

I have made available my Huelight camera profiles for ACR 6/7 & Lightroom 4 for the following camera models:-

Olympus E5
    Olympus EM5
    Olympus EP1
    Olympus EP2
    Olympus EP3
    Olympus EPL1
    Olympus EPL2
    Olympus EPL3
    Olympus EPL5
    Olympus EPM1
    Olympus EPM2

To obtain a copy please visit my site for more information: http://www.colorfidelity.com/

These profiles will improve the colour rendering and skin tones over the default Adobe profile. The profiles also balance the individual colour channels giving a more neutral image to aid future post processing.

I look forward to your feedback.

Colin

• Like Like x 6
  2. Huelight

Huelight Mu-43 Regular

Aug 15, 2011
    Example E-M5 Image:-

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  3. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Hi Colin, I see you also have Panasonic profiles. Can you tell us more about these? Is the goal of the Panasonic profiles to match the Panasonic in-camera JPEG colors?

4. Huelight

Huelight Mu-43 Regular

Aug 15, 2011
    Hi Amin,

I would never copy Panasonic colours as I feel they are very unbalanced and unnatural.

The colour rendering in my profiles are inspired by Fuji and Olympus's colour renderings.

With my Huelight profiles I try and give the user a good neutral starting point to the RAW development process.

Huelight profiles are neutral and balanced for a good reason. For example with a profile that has saturated greens and under saturated blues if you increased saturation saturation to give you a good blue vivid sky in a landscape image you would end up over saturating the greens, that would leave you with further PP to do.

I could also provide higher saturated profiles, but everybody's taste is different, I leave it to the photographer to make the decision on how saturated he wants his images to be.

Try my profile with +10 to +15 saturation they will really pop!

Colin

5. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Thanks, Colin. I just noticed you have a separate thread for the Panasonic profiles.

I've noticed this with the E-M5 files as well. Bright sunlight grass tends to look like a fluorescent yellow with the default profile and a more balanced green with the Huelight profile.

The skin tones are also far better. I have a hard time with my kids looking sallow with default Lightroom profile, while Colin's profile nails the skin tones.

Below is a shot with default processing. Mouseover for the Huelight version:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  6. Hyubie

Hyubie Unique like everyone else

Oct 15, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Herbert
    Is there any special instruction for Lightroom 3? It's not in the instructions that come with the profile (I downloaded the E-PL3 set), but I copied the files over into the specified directory C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles. Then I opened Lightroom 3, and in the Develop pane --> Camera Calibration --> Profiles, they don't show up.

I know I must have missed something, but .. help? :smile:

7. Hyubie

Oct 15, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Herbert
    Ooopss -- my bad. Tried applying the E-PL3 profile to an E-PM1 file. :rolleyes: I see it! I see it! :smile:

8. Agent00soul

Agent00soul Mu-43 Regular

Jan 22, 2010
    What format are these files? Are they compressed? I see the file extension is .rar.

9. Hyubie

Oct 15, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Herbert
    Yes, compressed file. 7-zip (which is freeware) opens it up without any problem.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Agent00soul

Jan 22, 2010
    Hmm.. I don't understand why some people insist on using odd compression utilities when perfectly good zip compression is built into Windows. It's always a security risk to install software utilities for this and that.

11. 2ndLight

2ndLight Mu-43 Regular

Oct 30, 2011
    Laguna Niguel, CA
    Robert
    Very excited to see Huelight profiles released for the EM5!

I have used these as the import default for Lightroom starting with the GF1 and it made all the difference for Panasonic colors.

I was actually going to start a thread to ask if anyone had seen anything similar for EM5 because it takes a ton of work in LR4 to get my Raw colors to match the OOC JPG.

I always shoot in RAW for the PP flexibility and detail. However, so far, I'm shooting the EM5 in RAW+JPG so I have a good color target for PP.

I'm looking forward to installing these new profiles when I get home and hopefully go back to shooting RAW only.

Thanks Colin!

12. Huelight

Huelight Mu-43 Regular

Aug 15, 2011
    Olympus E-M5 - Beta 5 Update

Changes include updates to blue and green colour renderings and refinments to reds.

To obtain a copy please check out my Twitter feed were you will find the download link: http://twitter.com/huelight

Colin

• Like Like x 1
  13. cannedpineapples

cannedpineapples New to Mu-43

Aug 9, 2011
    What's the difference between Hi, Med and St?

Thanks for this, btw :)

14. Huelight

Huelight Mu-43 Regular

Aug 15, 2011
    ST - A standard tone curve is used in this profile, it is ideal for general photography and works well for product photography were colour accuracy is needed.

HI - This profile has a high contrast curve and added saturation, it is ideal for landscape photography.

MD - Sits between the two!

• Like Like x 2
  15. Hyubie

Oct 15, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Herbert
    Oh my friend, let's not get started. Rar is one of the friendlier ones. Think tar, tar.gz etc. :)

And - remember we're just recepients of huelight's benevolence. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Mu-43 App

• Like Like x 3
  16. Huelight

Huelight Mu-43 Regular

Aug 15, 2011
    Any feedback on Beta 5 would be appreciated.

Also I am looking for some more E-M5 ORF's to refine the profile, I am looking for well exposed colourful images containing strong colours shot in bright daylight. Any portrait images would also be useful.

If you can help drop me a PM.

Thanks!

17. Huelight

Huelight Mu-43 Regular

Aug 15, 2011
    Olympus E-M5 - Beta 7 Update

The profile has been completely rewritten based on user feedback.

To obtain a copy please check out my Twitter feed were you will find the download link: Huelight (@Huelight) on Twitter

Colin

18. Agent00soul

Jan 22, 2010
    Excellent! I'll test it as soon as I get my E-M5. Just hope that the camera will show up soon. I used your profiles for the E-3, by the way. Or was it the E-1? It was a long time ago...
    Oh, and another thing: does it work in Lightroom 4 or do you need the 4.1 beta?

19. Alf

Alf Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 23, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany
    Thank you for your work, I'm playing with your E-PL3 profiles on Lr4 and I like the result!

20. Huelight

Huelight Mu-43 Regular

Aug 15, 2011
    Olympus E-M5 - Beta 8 Update

Cleaned the profile up for final publishing, and tweaked a few colours based on user feedback.

To obtain a copy please check out my Twitter feed were you will find the download link: Huelight (@Huelight) on Twitter

Colin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.