Huelight Color Profiles for Lightroom and ACR

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by Amin Sabet, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Some of our members and readers may recall that color scientist Colin from Huelight previously released a number of profiles for use in Adobe Lightroom (v3 and higher) as well as Photoshop CS (v5/ACR6 and higher).

Many people are fans of Olympus and Fuji color. However, those color signatures only apply to the in-camera JPEG or RAW files processed in the manufacturer's proprietary software. RAW shooters using default Adobe Lightroom color profiles will find that Olympus files have much the same colors as Panasonic files, and neither will closely resemble the original manufacturer colors.

The Huelight color profiles are designed to improve the color rendering and skin tones over the default Adobe profile as well as to balance the individual color channels giving a more neutral image to aid future post processing. Having tried them during the development phase, I found that they indeed resulted in more harmonious, pleasing color for both my Olympus and Panasonic files.

Huelight supports the following Micro 4/3 cameras:

EDIT: Please see the Huelight website ( for the latest information about which cameras are supported.

The profiles for each camera cost $10 and can be ordered here: Huelight Color Profiles
  2. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    I had been using earlier versions of the profiles and just bought the latest from Colin this week. They work really well in my process of going from Lightroom to Nik for PP. Thanks Colin!
  3. FastCorner

FastCorner Mu-43 Veteran

May 28, 2011
    Thanks for the heads up! Just put in an order!
  4. sLorenzi

sLorenzi Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 15, 2010
    Any chance it can work with Paintshop Pro?
  5. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Right now I'm pretty sure it only works with ACR/LR, but I'll ask Colin to check in on this thread and comment.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Huelight

Huelight Mu-43 Regular

Aug 15, 2011

I can confirm the profiles are only usable in Photoshop(ACR) and Lightroom.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Linh

Linh Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 14, 2009
    Maryland, US
    Any samples from each camera w/ the latest profiles? (or if anyone wants to throw in their G3 or E-M5 samples...)
  8. Recercare

Recercare Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 21, 2012
    What happens when you install the profile in Lightroom? Are all pictures in the library changed to the new profile or do you have to choose the "new" color profile for each RAW file?

Kind regards
  9. PatrickVA

PatrickVA Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 31, 2012
    Central Virginia
    I second Linh's (and Recercare's) question about samples. I'd love to get a sample from a GX1 using the profile.
  10. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    You have to choose it for each RAW file. You can set it to be the default profile for that camera as applies to new imports, but it won't change all the pictures in your library.
  11. Huelight

Huelight Mu-43 Regular

Aug 15, 2011
    Linh & PatrickVA

Thanks for your interest.

I will be adding samples to the website in the next couple of weeks.

If you would like to send me a raw file I can process it with my profiles and send back to you so you can see the effect on your images.

You can mail me at: colorfidelity AT gmail DOT com

I am quite busy at the moment so it could be a few days before I can get the images to you.

Hope that helps!

12. MrPhotoBob

MrPhotoBob Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 16, 2012
    I must say that I contacted Colin by e-mail and he contacted me withing in a few hours about how to purchase his profiles. I paid him through paypal and within an hour after paying him my profiles were on my system by e-mail. Very good person to work with and his profiles do a very good job on my images. It ishould be much better now that he has a site to go to for ordering his profiles.
  13. chuenmasiello

chuenmasiello Mu-43 Regular

Jun 29, 2012
    Would like to see sample images for E-M5 and EP2 please !!!
  14. DigitalDave

DigitalDave Mu-43 Rookie

Sep 5, 2012
    Just purchased the profiles for the OM-D and have to say I am extremely pleased. Thank you!
  15. zpuskas

zpuskas Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 25, 2011
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Ordered mine for the G2 (which was missing from the original post) and am looking forward to using this with LR4.
  16. EddyKilowatt

EddyKilowatt New to Mu-43

Jun 21, 2011
    If I may suggest... How about if you were to choose an image, and run it through both the default ACR/LR profile, and your profile... and then to post links to both of the Raw files on your website for potential customers to download. They can then compare results at leisure, and on their own hardware. Is this what you meant by "adding samples"?

Otherwise you are going to have to jump through hoops forever for every potential customer.
  17. digitalandfilm

digitalandfilm Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 18, 2011
    Best $10 I've spent in a long time!

The first is an un-touched, un-manipulated, RAW file with no adjustments.

The second is just using the Huelight CF "High" profile.

This then gives me a starting point with pleasing (to me, anyway) skin tones and nice contrast.

Then.. all I have to do is "flavor to taste" in Lightroom and I'm done!

Good stuff.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  18. PatrickVA

PatrickVA Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 31, 2012
    Central Virginia
    Just ordered mine for the GX1.
  19. stevenmh

stevenmh Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 30, 2012

I've been using the G3 profile for a couple months, but just upgraded to G5. I'd be willing to buy the profile for that... any plans to provide a G5 profile?
  20. yumyum001

yumyum001 Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 5, 2012
    I would not mind seeing the before / after of EM-5 color profile as well