1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Hubba Hubba Hiney

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Narnian, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Narnian

Narnian Nobody in particular ...

Aug 6, 2010
    Midlothian, VA
    Richard Elliott
    Anybody use this practical looking but stupidly named bag?

Hubba Hubba Hiney

I am looking for a smaller bag for general purpose use, including hiking, and the modular system looks interesting.

I am willing to spend much more (am looking at the Hadley Small, Restrospective 5 and the Domke F-5XB) to replace a 20+ year old Tenba.

• Like Like x 1
  2. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Not familiar with that one, but I have a Retrospective 20 and I love the quality and design. (I bought the 20 for my Canon 40D kit. I kept it because it makes a great carry-on bag when flying. It fits nicely under a seat and holds everything I need. :biggrin:)

• Like Like x 1
  3. davidzvi

davidzvi Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 12, 2012
    Outside Boston MA
    David
    I looked at it, there is mention of it in the Bags and more bags thread. Ended up with the F-5XB.

Reason? Well besides looks, I got the rugged wear version. But more importantly I like the flap and Velcro, it means I don't have to zipper it all the time. The Velcro covers the opening and keeps everything secure. I believe the Think Tank is probably better padded, but I have SO MANY extra pads and dividers that it really wasn't a problem for me.

• Like Like x 1
  4. digitalandfilm

digitalandfilm Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 18, 2011
    Check out: Chrome Niko Camera Sling | Chrome Industries

I just got it, and it is sooo well made you could probably rappel with it.

I will post up a review, and it's good for m4/3 and maybe 2 lenses.

This company seems like a great company.. choice of demanding bike messengers in NYC.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Savas K

Savas K Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 10, 2013
    To me the Hubba Hiney shines when paired with a TT skin belt and worn on the waist. I thought it hung strange from the shoulder strap, but another forum member here thought his was okay hanging by the strap.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    i just saw a similarish bootie bag at target tonight
    it was a neoprene version
    i think it was only like $20

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hudsonhites

Hudsonhites Mu-43 Regular

Jul 14, 2011
    NYC
    The Hubba Hiney looks a lot like my LowePro Photo Runner 100.

The Photo Runner will hold my EM-5, 12-50mm, 40-150mm, P20mm, P14mm, 7.5mm, 45mm f1.8, a Nissin flash, 4 batteries and wasbi charger if I need to stuff it.

What I prefer about the Photo Runner over the Hubba Hiney is the top on the LowePro opens wider for easier access and the belt is incorporated into the bag so it's always there when I need it and stows away nicely on the bag when I don't.

It's great for travel, hiking and general use and is smaller than my wife's purse.

Lowepro Photo Runner 100 Shoulder Bag (Black) LP36126-PEU B&H

• Like Like x 2
  8. ice_man

ice_man Mu-43 Regular

Dec 19, 2012
    Socal
    Z
    I'm currently using this bag. Pretty good everyday bag. Fits the ff: E-M5, P14mm, O45, O12-50, O40-150 and my Olympus OM1 w/ 50mm. I also carry 3 batteries for the E-M5 and a few SDHC.

Tapatalk.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ice_man

ice_man Mu-43 Regular

Dec 19, 2012
    Socal
    Z
    I will also be getting myself a Billingham Hadley Small to use on more dressier events. :)

u6y6a6er.jpg

a6upedyq.jpg

Contents:

be2unyvu.jpg

Tapatalk.

• Like Like x 2
  10. oldracer

oldracer Mu-43 All-Pro

Oct 1, 2010
    USA
    I just bought the smaller "Speed Changer." It takes a G1 with a 14-140mm lens quite nicely. With the lens horizontal/body vertical, you can use one of the dividers, also horizontal, to make a cubby that will store a second lens. It will take a lens that is about 25mm/1" longer than my 12mm f2 with a double back cap.

I also have the "Lens Changer 15" to add to my belt when needed. It will take the 14-140mm or a couple of the smaller M43 lenses.

I looked at the HHH but it seemed too big to me.

• Like Like x 1
  11. dav1dz

dav1dz Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 6, 2012
    Canada
    I have been looking at this bag since Eric Kim reviewed it. Please let me know what you think, I am looking forward to your review of it.

12. Narnian

Aug 6, 2010
    Midlothian, VA
    Richard Elliott
    Ordered the HHH and will report back when it comes in.

13. sinar

sinar Mu-43 Regular

Aug 25, 2010
    Gainsborough, England
    I've just bought a Hubba Hubba to carry most of micro four thirds kit around in, i like that it does not have loads of padding to bulk it up, it holds all I need it to, so I think its going to be very good.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Narnian

Aug 6, 2010
    Midlothian, VA
    Richard Elliott
    Yep - got mine in a few weeks ago but have not taken it out in the field yet. I can get my GX1 with 20/1.7 and finder in it along with the Oly 9-18, Panny 14, Oly 45/1.8, Oly 60/2.8 all with hoods ('cept to fish eye). Plus room for either the Panny 45-200 or adapted Oly 135/2.8 with 2x converter.