1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Hss for micro four thirds!?

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Hotahseh, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Hotahseh

Hotahseh Mu-43 Regular

May 12, 2014
    Miami
    JC
    Any one try out the Yungnuo 622C transceivers?

looking at the hot shoe connection for the canon dedicated transciever they look identical to those of my gx85. was going to buy regardless to try it out to see if it will work...

2. wjiang

wjiang Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Doesn't work, the pins are in the same place but the assignment and protocols are different. The only wireless RF HSS I've heard of is the just announced Cactus V6II system.

3. Hotahseh

Hotahseh Mu-43 Regular

May 12, 2014
    Miami
    JC
    hm i see thanks for the heads up

Sent from my Remix Mini using Mu-43 app

4. Ranter

Ranter Mu-43 Regular

Feb 29, 2016
    Randall
    The cactus system .. I looked it up,, correct me if I'm wrong here , but is manual only?

5. wjiang

Yeah, it will do TTL pass-through for one fill unit on the hot shoe but the remotes are manual with HSS. TBH I'd rather have manual for off camera setups anyway.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Ranter

Ranter Mu-43 Regular

Feb 29, 2016
    Randall
    I think I will swing by adorama today and pick up a couple to try out.. Hopefully they also work with flashpoint 600l

7. Hotahseh

Hotahseh Mu-43 Regular

May 12, 2014
    Miami
    JC
    Also saw other triggers called xt32 I believe its a godox system if they have that you think you can give it a try to see if it can trigger ?

Sent from my LG-H830 using Mu-43 app

8. Repp

Repp Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 27, 2011
    Oak Harbor, WA
    I believe the XT32 from Godox is still brand specific for HSS, currently only CaNikOny. But according to Adorama, TTL and HSS triggers for M43, Fuji, and Pentax are in development.

GODOX – 2.4GHz Flash System Overview | FLASH HAVOC
    "XT32 are available in – Canon, Nikon, Sony, and a “General” single firing pin version (no HSS)."

9. Hotahseh

Hotahseh Mu-43 Regular

May 12, 2014
    Miami
    JC
    Thank the Lord lol

10. Repp

Repp Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 27, 2011
    Oak Harbor, WA
    From the Adorama Site:
    Flashpoint R2
    "This Item is currently in Development and has not been released yet. The price has not been set yet. You may add it to your wish list or sign up to get a price notification when Item will be announced"

Reading more into the article, Flash Havoc's overview of the system is actually really well done.
    GODOX – 2.4GHz Flash System Overview | FLASH HAVOC

11. Hotahseh

Hotahseh Mu-43 Regular

May 12, 2014
    Miami
    JC
    Yea now they're built in. I shoot with the ad180 and xt16 trigger. So was trying to see if the xt32 would pop with the gx85. Oh well patience is a virtue lol

12. Repp

Repp Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 27, 2011
    Oak Harbor, WA
    Apparently there is a xt32G model, but it doesn't provide HSS according to Flash Havoc. I'd wait and see what comes out later in the year. Out of curiosity, any problems with the 2.4GHz system and wifi/bluetooth interference?

13. Hotahseh

Hotahseh Mu-43 Regular

May 12, 2014
    Miami
    JC
    For the image app? Yea it sucks lol barely works. More chances of it working on iOS

14. Ranter

Ranter Mu-43 Regular

Feb 29, 2016
    Randall
    So it turns out these cactus trans. Aren't available for another week or so.. however yes I've seen that on adorama website where they've got something in the works, and I think I remember something about fall of 2016?.. anyway those would be ideal as from what I understand they would work wireless with other lightingI want to get for my Canon set up

Although in the mean time I'm sure I'll get 2 or 3vof the cactus to mess around with , they are supposed to be usable with rl600b

• Like Like x 1
  15. Negative287

Negative287 Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 5, 2016
    Pete Perry
    Wouldn't matter anyway because the HSS relies on the High Speed Sync function of the camera and if that protocol cannot be turned on then hyper sync cannot be achieved. This is the only reason why I have a D600 because E-M5 has no options for the Hypersync.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
  16. wjiang

The E-M5 does support HSS... needs to be a 4/3 or m4/3 system flash with HSS though.

17. Negative287

Negative287 Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 5, 2016
    Pete Perry
    Yes it does but the hyper sync isn't tuned to that protocol so it wouldn't matter as I have yet to find a system that supports anything beyond the 1/320 of the Olympus system. I wasn't trying to imply Olympus didn't have this, only that it doesn't have the Canon version by which to sync with those controllers.

With Olympus, it is a matter of 3rd party's not supporting the system as well... With Fuji it is Fujifilm as well as 3rd party's not supporting the system properly.

Believe me, I was searching up and down for this when buying my lights.