1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

HP Touchpad 16GB for about $85, 32GB for $135.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lenshoarder, Aug 19, 2011.

1. lenshoarder

lenshoarder Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
    As seen on another forum.

--------

HP discountinued the Touchpad. It's being blown out right this second. $99 for the 16GB and $149 for the 32GB.

It goes live on the normal hp.com website tomorrow. It's already live in Canada. Best Buy should match.

You can already buy it tonight through the academic problem. I bought two tonight. Pretty much anyone who's every been to college or has a kid that is past preschool age qualifies for the academic program. You'll see the $99 price once you sign up for the academic program.

Use coupon SAVE15HP to get $15 off. Use SAVE30HP to get $30 off if you buy more the $150 worth of stuff.

You can also try for up to 6% cashback as well.

Cashback Watch - Cashback Comparison

Target has already matched on their store through Amazon.

2. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    Yeah, I saw on engadget that they were abandoning webOS. I was really suprised. I just picked up an android tab last weekend.

3. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Wow, that is sad to see! I was hoping HP could turn WebOS into a legitimate contender.

4. carpandean

carpandean Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 29, 2010
    Western NY
    I have academic program access (I actually am an academic), but the 16MB shows as $379.99 and sold out, while the 32MB shows as $474.99 and in stock.

5. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
    Good luck getting anything, the deal sites have been on this with laser focus.

6. lenshoarder

Nov 7, 2010
    Strange. I just logged into my academic account. Everyone qualifies, look at the requirements. It's $99 but OOS. The 32GB is still available for $149.

Buy it through Target on Amazon. It's $112.95 shipped. That's still a great price.

7. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    I have no need for a tablet....never did and never will, but this should be my wife's email/facebook thingie while I process photos on the laptop. $99 to keep her busy sounds like a good investment, but I can;t seem to find any in stock anywhere.

8. carpandean

Oct 29, 2010
    Western NY
    Are you actually in Canada or the US? I looked on Amazon saw the same prices as I showed from HP Academy.

9. scottz

scottz Mu-43 Regular

Jun 18, 2011
    Littleton, CO
    Checked Amazon, HP Academic and HP EPP gov employee pages, no markdowns on any of them.

10. lenshoarder

Nov 7, 2010
    US. If you are in Canada it's super simple. HP Canada has had the price without any hoops for hours. Bestbuy.ca and Futureshop also have the $100 price.

Try tomorrow. Everyone should have the $99 price tomorrow. As in everyone. HP is just cheaper due to the coupon.

11. carpandean

Oct 29, 2010
    Western NY
    US here, but thought that if you were in Canada, it would explain why you were seeing different prices. I will check back tomorrow ... well, actually, it's already tomorrow, here.

12. lenshoarder

Nov 7, 2010
    PC Richards has dropped. The site is being hammered though.

13. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    I placed an in-store order at office depot for the 32gb at full price (marked as pay by check so i didn't have to pay until at the store!). Their site had a banner with the discounted prices, so I'm hoping by morning the store/site will actually be current as well.

Man what a deal, the slickdeals thread about this is running so fast, everytime I glance over a page there are 2 more new pages!

14. lenshoarder

Nov 7, 2010

They've already lowered their prices online. $129 for the 16GB and $149 for the 32GB.

15. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    Yeah I ordered one via the website as well, hope I can pick it up for the same price tomorrow though! Can't see why they won't match it if I have both orders to show them.

16. LeeOsenton

LeeOsenton Mu-43 Button Clicker

Jun 25, 2010
    Hayes, Virginia, U.S.A.
    Lee Osenton
    WebOS Thoughts

On a similar note: Last month I renewed my Verizon contract and got the Pre 2 for $5. I am quite taken with the phone. Touchstone wireless chargers are sold separately ($3 each, they used to be about $50). I have one for my nightstand and one for my desk. The phone "recognizes" the touchstone and launches my application of choice. I use the alarm clock at home and a picture slideshow of my photos at work. The phone is very aesthetically pleasing and easy to operate. Other than that, it comes with the typical productivity tools and Angry Birds is available for $3. What else is there on a smartphone?:smile:

I cannot give a greater endorsement for the WebOS platform, just understand there will likely be no new development before buying a phone or touchpad. With that said, I am going to jump on a Touchpad if I find one below $150.

Lee

17. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    Im not worried about web os support, with the massive flood of the market this thing will be rooted in no time!

18. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    Office depot made good on holding their store stock for the online orders (they only had 4 in the store) - they also corrected the price, 32gb for $160, it is nice! I have another one on order from the officedepot online store, a co-worker will probably be buying it but if I still have it I'll offer it up here for cost (plus a few bucks for gas money, drove 30 miles to pick it up this morning!).

19. Peezie

Peezie Mu-43 Regular

Mar 30, 2011
    Toronto
    i see it on hp canada site for the 32gb but when i add it to my cart it is showing at $499...can anyone help me out on how to get it for $150 my fiance would love this as i tend to hog the laptop :)

20. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    in all likelihood it is probably sold out. I saw the source had some in stock this morning (was looking for my mom, I'm originally from Toronto myself), best you can do is check retailer websites and check store availability. Good luck!