Hoya Pro1 +3 diopter test on GF1

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by David Stringer, Feb 26, 2010.

1. David Stringer

David Stringer Mu-43 Regular

Jan 31, 2010
    Horsham, West Sussex
    I just picked one of these up this morning and thought i'd try a little test. It fits the 14-45 52mm filter thread perfectly and is less cumbersome than the Raynox DCR-250. I'll give it a proper test run soon but thought it may be of interest to others.

• Like Like x 1
  2. ballfresno

ballfresno Mu-43 Regular

Feb 11, 2010
    West Sussex, UK
    Very impressive quality. Have you (or do you intend to) compared this with a macro lens of any sort?
  3. David Stringer

David Stringer Mu-43 Regular

Jan 31, 2010
    Horsham, West Sussex
    I dont have a dedicated macro lens so unfortunately a proper comparison wont be possible. I was planning on getting the Raynox but the size of the clip on adapter was putting me off, this is very unobtrusive and i'll see what sort of results i can get from it. As an aside i've noticed leaving it on when using the lens normally, i.e focusing at one meter plus it gives a shallow depth of field so another thing that needs testing is a portrait at 45mm to see what the bokeh is like.
  4. cstevens

cstevens Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 11, 2010
    I just bought the lovely B+W 3+ from a clearance place, havent had a chance to try it out yet...your post inspired me to do so :)
  5. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    for those with slr adapters 3 pc extension tubes in many flavors are avail all over ebay and work great with a 50mm

many are about 15-20 usd delivered without lenses to degrade they are a good option

but that hoya look very good too