1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Hoya Pro1 +3 diopter test on GF1

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by David Stringer, Feb 26, 2010.

1. David Stringer

David Stringer Mu-43 Regular

Jan 31, 2010
    Horsham, West Sussex
    I just picked one of these up this morning and thought i'd try a little test. It fits the 14-45 52mm filter thread perfectly and is less cumbersome than the Raynox DCR-250. I'll give it a proper test run soon but thought it may be of interest to others.

hoyatest1.

hoyatest2.

hoyatest3.

hoyatest4.

• Like Like x 1
  2. ballfresno

ballfresno Mu-43 Regular

Feb 11, 2010
    West Sussex, UK
    Very impressive quality. Have you (or do you intend to) compared this with a macro lens of any sort?

3. David Stringer

David Stringer Mu-43 Regular

Jan 31, 2010
    Horsham, West Sussex
    I dont have a dedicated macro lens so unfortunately a proper comparison wont be possible. I was planning on getting the Raynox but the size of the clip on adapter was putting me off, this is very unobtrusive and i'll see what sort of results i can get from it. As an aside i've noticed leaving it on when using the lens normally, i.e focusing at one meter plus it gives a shallow depth of field so another thing that needs testing is a portrait at 45mm to see what the bokeh is like.

4. cstevens

cstevens Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 11, 2010
    UK
    I just bought the lovely B+W 3+ from a clearance place, havent had a chance to try it out yet...your post inspired me to do so :) 

5. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    for those with slr adapters 3 pc extension tubes in many flavors are avail all over ebay and work great with a 50mm

many are about 15-20 usd delivered without lenses to degrade they are a good option

but that hoya look very good too

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.