Howto question: Panasonic G6 - changing focuspoint whil using EVF

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Peter75, Jan 19, 2014.

1. Peter75

Peter75 Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    After owning the camera a few days I haven't found the trick to move the focuspoint while using the evf. I'm coming from 10+ years of Nikon, so this is new for me.
    Can someone please give me a hint ?
  2. spatulaboy

spatulaboy I'm not really here

Jul 13, 2011
    North Carolina
    You need to be in single point focus.
  3. ThomD

ThomD Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 1, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    In the Custom menu, you need to turn on "Direct Focus". Screen 2 of the custom screens. This allows using the 4 buttons on the back to move the focus point. This is not limited to pin point focus - it also works in 23 area and 1 area modes
  4. Robstar1963

Robstar1963 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 10, 2011
    Isle of Wight England UK
    Robert (Rob)
    The OP may be referring to the 'Touchpad' feature perhaps ? - whereby you can move the focus point by touching the inactive LCD screen with your thumb whilst looking through the EVF
    To activate this feature go to spanner/ custom : Touch Settings : Touch Tab On
    You can now manipulate the focus point by touch and in multi point, Single point or Pinpoint
    You can use the screen whilst parked facing out or whilst it is folded out to the left using your left hand thumb to move the points
    Hope this helps even if this is not what you were asking
    I have my fn5 button assigned to 'Focus Area Set' (function button set in Spanner/Custom) for manual movement of focus area using the four way buttons
    This way you can use the four way buttons without permanently reassigning them from their original settings
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Peter75

Peter75 Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    I tried both answers and this is exactly what I was looking for, thank you guys!