How's weather?

Herman

Mu-43 All-Pro
Thanks Johan for your reply !
This kind of weather makes me feel that I really need a "weatherproof"" mft camera.
Unfortunately such camera does not exist...

DownUnderDog

Mu-43 Regular
Go Down Under

All you Europeans should be heading Down Under right now. Even Melbourne, where "when it isn't raining it still drips from the trees" is just beautiful. Warm days, balmy evenings and rain forecast for the weekend. It's a shame the Aussie dollar is increasing in value daily, (now worth more than the greenback).
This will mean your plane tickets and hotel rooms will be more expensive. never mind sell off your old DSLR gear and buy a ticket to OZ. You won't regret it.
Cheers
DUD

soundimageplus

Mu-43 Top Veteran
As someone who attempts landscape photography in the UK all I can say is our climate is "challenging". However after an unspeakable day yesterday, cold, wet, & windy the sun is shining & I'm off out.

BillN

Mu-43 All-Pro
It was very very wet yesterday in Bordeaux - the storm "put out" quite a lot of the traffic lights for an hours or so

angloasturian

Mu-43 Veteran
After the incredibly bad weather of the last few days (see my post 'Waves' in the 'Scenic etc...' forum) today is sunny and warm (21 C). Just back from having a 'caldo' (consommé) on the terrace at my club by the beach - lovely.

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
Too soon to tell what today will be like here just outside of NYC. Right now it's overcast and there's a breeze...but I'm hoping for a clearing trend and for the temps to be in the mid to high 50's fahrenheit.:hail:

Nice suggestion, brianandforever about adding a photo here, too!

joanne

Mu-43 Regular
Here in Cumbria UK, it is cold and sunny, and there is snow on the North Western fells, fingers crossed it stays like this until the weekend and then out comes the sledge :biggrin: and the camera, of course!

Grant

Mu-43 Veteran
Weather, well let me tell you. As of yesterday morning, since Friday we have had 225 mm of rain and high winds and it is still coming down. Yup, not a typo, 225 mm! It is the most rain in the shortest time in the history of Nova Scotia. I have managed to get out and shoot only twice. I have cabin fever. I don't mind inclement weather but enough is enough!!!!!! Oh did I mention we are having fricking rain.

grebeman

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Barrie
A fine day in the south west of England (tomorrow we have a forecast of rain and gales!!), so I took the bus to Slapton, walked up to the village for a pub lunch and a pint of cider, bus almost all the way home, got off one stop early and walked round the estuary (although it was low tide).
Here's a photograph to prove that we had a cloudless sky, though as I post this a cloud sheet is spreading in from the west, first signs of the bad weather to come.
I took my GF1 and 2 lenses, the Panasonic 20mm, f/1.7 (which I rarely use) and the Voigtlander 15mm, f/4.5 to run a comparison and see what I've been missing, if anything, by not using the 20mm.
This is a cheap and cheerful jpeg rescaled in GIMP with a little unsharp mask applied, nothing else, another first as I normally process the raw files.
Not a bad jpeg now that I look at it.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Panasonic GF1 with 20mm, f/1.7 lens

Barrie

GaryInOz

Mu-43 Regular
Wet in Sydney, and has been for a month or so now. Not a bad thing - in the state of New South Wales rain has just broken a 7 year drought :smile:

It never rains, but it pours, as they say :wink:

Krang

Mu-43 Veteran
It's 0 degrees Celsius (centigrade) at Tampere and it just stopped snowing.

Just waiting for the really cold weather to come. Last winter we had over one month of -30…

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom