1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

How's weather?

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by Herman, Nov 10, 2010.

1. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    The Netherlands: rain, clouds. The kind of weather I don't like at all.
    Hope "your weather" is okay with you !

• Like Like x 3
  2. jonima

jonima Mu-43 Regular

Not Really Herman,

Here in the Amsterdam Area it is also Cold and Wet.:mad:

• Like Like x 2
  3. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Thanks Johan for your reply !
    This kind of weather makes me feel that I really need a "weatherproof"" mft camera.
    Unfortunately such camera does not exist...

• Like Like x 1
  4. DownUnderDog

DownUnderDog Mu-43 Regular

Go Down Under

All you Europeans should be heading Down Under right now. Even Melbourne, where "when it isn't raining it still drips from the trees" is just beautiful. Warm days, balmy evenings and rain forecast for the weekend. It's a shame the Aussie dollar is increasing in value daily, (now worth more than the greenback).
    This will mean your plane tickets and hotel rooms will be more expensive. never mind sell off your old DSLR gear and buy a ticket to OZ. You won't regret it.
    Cheers
    DUD

• Like Like x 2
  5. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Raining in Perth which is unusual but welcome.

• Like Like x 2
  6. soundimageplus

soundimageplus Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 2, 2010
    Worcestershire
    As someone who attempts landscape photography in the UK all I can say is our climate is "challenging". However after an unspeakable day yesterday, cold, wet, & windy the sun is shining & I'm off out.

• Like Like x 2
  7. BillN

BillN Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    SW France
    It was very very wet yesterday in Bordeaux - the storm "put out" quite a lot of the traffic lights for an hours or so

• Like Like x 2
  8. Fiddler

Fiddler Mu-43 Veteran

Cold and sunny here in Edinburgh - not bad for photography :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  9. briandforever

briandforever Mu-43 Regular

Sep 27, 2010
    suggestion:

let us share picture of the weather of ours

• Like Like x 1
  10. angloasturian

angloasturian Mu-43 Veteran

After the incredibly bad weather of the last few days (see my post 'Waves' in the 'Scenic etc...' forum) today is sunny and warm (21 C). Just back from having a 'caldo' (consommé) on the terrace at my club by the beach - lovely.

• Like Like x 2
  11. JCD

JCD Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 10, 2010
    Palermo, Italy
    cloudy but really warm here in sicily, about 25°C....

• Like Like x 2
  12. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Too soon to tell what today will be like here just outside of NYC. Right now it's overcast and there's a breeze...but I'm hoping for a clearing trend and for the temps to be in the mid to high 50's fahrenheit.:hail:

Nice suggestion, brianandforever about adding a photo here, too!

• Like Like x 1
  13. joanne

joanne Mu-43 Regular

Nov 5, 2010
    cumbria uk
    Here in Cumbria UK, it is cold and sunny, and there is snow on the North Western fells, fingers crossed it stays like this until the weekend and then out comes the sledge :biggrin: and the camera, of course!

• Like Like x 2
  14. Grant

Grant Mu-43 Veteran

Weather, well let me tell you. As of yesterday morning, since Friday we have had 225 mm of rain and high winds and it is still coming down. Yup, not a typo, 225 mm! It is the most rain in the shortest time in the history of Nova Scotia. I have managed to get out and shoot only twice. I have cabin fever. I don't mind inclement weather but enough is enough!!!!!! Oh did I mention we are having fricking rain.

• Like Like x 2
  15. grebeman

grebeman Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2010
    South Brent, south Devon (UK)
    Barrie
    A fine day in the south west of England (tomorrow we have a forecast of rain and gales!!), so I took the bus to Slapton, walked up to the village for a pub lunch and a pint of cider, bus almost all the way home, got off one stop early and walked round the estuary (although it was low tide).
    Here's a photograph to prove that we had a cloudless sky, though as I post this a cloud sheet is spreading in from the west, first signs of the bad weather to come.
    I took my GF1 and 2 lenses, the Panasonic 20mm, f/1.7 (which I rarely use) and the Voigtlander 15mm, f/4.5 to run a comparison and see what I've been missing, if anything, by not using the 20mm.
    This is a cheap and cheerful jpeg rescaled in GIMP with a little unsharp mask applied, nothing else, another first as I normally process the raw files.
    Not a bad jpeg now that I look at it.

P1000405.JPG
    Panasonic GF1 with 20mm, f/1.7 lens

Barrie

• Like Like x 4
  16. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Thanks for the great replies. I wanna take shelter under the sun, must I go downunder?

17. GaryInOz

GaryInOz Mu-43 Regular

May 11, 2010
    Sydney, Oz
    Wet in Sydney, and has been for a month or so now. Not a bad thing - in the state of New South Wales rain has just broken a 7 year drought :smile:

It never rains, but it pours, as they say :wink:

18. grebeman

grebeman Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2010
    South Brent, south Devon (UK)
    Barrie
    Herman,
    Sounds like you might consider staying in the northern hemisphere, survive the winter and hope for a glorious spring :smile:
    What a difference a day makes, lashing rain, howling wind and leaden skies today :frown:

Barrie

19. joanne

joanne Mu-43 Regular

Nov 5, 2010
    cumbria uk
    Same here too Barrie :frown:

20. Krang

Krang Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 19, 2010
    It's 0 degrees Celsius (centigrade) at Tampere and it just stopped snowing.

Just waiting for the really cold weather to come. Last winter we had over one month of -30…