Howdy

sbm

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Sam
I’m Sam, new to the 43 world. I just got my first camera with interchangeable lenses, the Pany GX85. However, this is just a new permutation of the photo bug, not my first case of it. I’ve had a couple point & shoots (some film Olympus in my youth, a Nikon Coolpix later), of course many iPhones* (what I’ve considered a daily driver for years), and I got to use a couple nice Nikons occasionally when I worked for a photojournalist for a while.

From the knowledge and passsion for photography I derived from that job, to the eye-opening family trip to Ireland a few years ago where I took nearly a thousand photos with my poor iPhone 5S, this day has seemingly been a long time coming. An upcoming trip to the Grand Canyon** was enough to finally push me to invest in one of my favorite forms of expression.

So here I am, ready to learn, share, and enjoy this ride as much as I can. What’s next?

*Is it cool to post photos taken with non-43 cameras? Because that represents my best stuff (for now!)
**It just dawned on me — I went to the Grand Canyon as a child with my late grandmother, who gave me my first camera.

davidzvi

Super Moderator
Real Name
David
Welcome. And we have camera phone, FX, and other threads here. And there is nothing stopping you from posting an image from another system in a genres thread. All are welcome once you're sampled the m4/3 cool-aid. :);):p

retiredfromlife

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Welcome to the forum.
It is OK to post photos from non mu-43, just not in mu-43 camera and show case threads for lenses etc. Always best to say what camera it was from as a disclosure if posting say in the general macro topic to avoid any confusion

Gerard

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I’m Sam, new to the 43 world. I just got my first camera with interchangeable lenses, the Pany GX85. However, this is just a new permutation of the photo bug, not my first case of it. I’ve had a couple point & shoots (some film Olympus in my youth, a Nikon Coolpix later), of course many iPhones* (what I’ve considered a daily driver for years), and I got to use a couple nice Nikons occasionally when I worked for a photojournalist for a while.

From the knowledge and passsion for photography I derived from that job, to the eye-opening family trip to Ireland a few years ago where I took nearly a thousand photos with my poor iPhone 5S, this day has seemingly been a long time coming. An upcoming trip to the Grand Canyon** was enough to finally push me to invest in one of my favorite forms of expression.

So here I am, ready to learn, share, and enjoy this ride as much as I can. What’s next?

*Is it cool to post photos taken with non-43 cameras? Because that represents my best stuff (for now!)
**It just dawned on me — I went to the Grand Canyon as a child with my late grandmother, who gave me my first camera.
Hi Sam,
Welcome to this forum.
Look for 'Show your cell phone photos' where you can post your, er, well, cell phone photos.

sbm

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Sam
Appreciate the welcome y’all, and the clarification about posting non-mu43 photos. I’ve taken a few with my new GX85 the last few days and am pleased with the results thus far — will post some once I pick my favorite shots and give them a proper edit.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom