1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Howdy

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by evil43, Jun 30, 2013.

1. evil43

evil43 New to Mu-43

Jun 25, 2013
    Right near the beach
    Rob
    Hi, I'm Rob. I like long walks on the beach, slow love, and poking dead things with a stick. Oh, and I like photography too (go figure). I'm an IT consultant by trade, and photography is my hobby.

Long ago, I did photography professionally, until I learned the hard way that having insurance on my photography gear was a necessity (all of my gear was stolen out of my truck, and I couldn't afford to replace it). My dad gave me his old Olympus OM-4 to get me through. I ended up getting a job in IT, and eventually I was able to purchase some new Canon gear, though I decided not to go pro again. A couple years ago, I sold my Canon EOS 7N (I really miss that camera) and lenses, and switched to Nikon. I bought a Nikon D7000, a few fast primes, and never looked back.... Until I dug up that old OM-4 again earlier this year.

I really loved the metering system of that Olympus, but when I bought new batteries for it, I realized that there was a short in the IC board, and the batteries would burn out in about 30 seconds. I really liked the look, and reviews on the OM-D, so I sold my Nikon system, and picked up an OM-D. I still had some legacy OM lenses, so I bought an adapter for them and went to town. Since then, I've been bitten by the legacy lens bug, and I've started slowly growing my collection. Last week, I picked up a Panasonic Lumix GX1 when they went on sale for $199 at Adorama to use as a backup body.

That pretty much sums it up for me. :43: ftmfw

2. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    Rob, welcome to the former from a retired I.T. geek and (former) Nikon owner.

I sold my D300 and associated gear in a move to the OM-D EM-5 and have been quite satisfied by the Olympus.

Lots of good folks on this forum, glad to have you with us.

Regards,

Jim