Howdy

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by evil43, Jun 30, 2013.

1. evil43

evil43 New to Mu-43

Jun 25, 2013
    Right near the beach
    Rob
    Hi, I'm Rob. I like long walks on the beach, slow love, and poking dead things with a stick. Oh, and I like photography too (go figure). I'm an IT consultant by trade, and photography is my hobby.

Long ago, I did photography professionally, until I learned the hard way that having insurance on my photography gear was a necessity (all of my gear was stolen out of my truck, and I couldn't afford to replace it). My dad gave me his old Olympus OM-4 to get me through. I ended up getting a job in IT, and eventually I was able to purchase some new Canon gear, though I decided not to go pro again. A couple years ago, I sold my Canon EOS 7N (I really miss that camera) and lenses, and switched to Nikon. I bought a Nikon D7000, a few fast primes, and never looked back.... Until I dug up that old OM-4 again earlier this year.

I really loved the metering system of that Olympus, but when I bought new batteries for it, I realized that there was a short in the IC board, and the batteries would burn out in about 30 seconds. I really liked the look, and reviews on the OM-D, so I sold my Nikon system, and picked up an OM-D. I still had some legacy OM lenses, so I bought an adapter for them and went to town. Since then, I've been bitten by the legacy lens bug, and I've started slowly growing my collection. Last week, I picked up a Panasonic Lumix GX1 when they went on sale for $199 at Adorama to use as a backup body.

That pretty much sums it up for me. :43: ftmfw

2. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    Rob, welcome to the former from a retired I.T. geek and (former) Nikon owner.

I sold my D300 and associated gear in a move to the OM-D EM-5 and have been quite satisfied by the Olympus.

Lots of good folks on this forum, glad to have you with us.

Regards,

Jim

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.