1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Howdy, mu-43!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by bnys, Jan 30, 2014.

1. bnys

bnys Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 29, 2014
    Hi,
    I'm Brendan and I review cameras for Reviewed.com Cameras. Over the past year, I reviewed almost all of the new M43 cameras on the market. Here's a list!

E-PM2
    E-PL5
    OM-D E-M1
    OM-D E-M10
    G5
    G6
    GM1
    GX7
    GF6

All us Reviewed.com camera folks really love Micro Four Thirds and I'm hoping to make a better connection with the system's enthusiasts. I'll try and post samples from new cameras when I can and alert people to our reviews and features when they're relevant.

Thanks for having me here and I hope I can contribute useful stuff to your community.
    -brendan

2. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    Hi Brendan!

Welcome aboard.

Regards,

Jim

3. spatulaboy

spatulaboy I'm not really here

Jul 13, 2011
    North Carolina
    Vin
    Tell us about the Nocticron!

p.s. welcome :smile:

4. bnys

bnys Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 29, 2014
    Thanks to both of you!

I'd love to tell you more about the Nocticron but I've only spent about a day shooting with it and I feel like I haven't formed a solid opinion yet. I do know one thing so far, and that is that you can get AMAZING BOKEH from this monster. I'm really partial to the Oly 75mm so I'm trying hard to distance myself from that. My coworkers absolutely love the Nocticron and they've hogged it since we got it and you can check out their samples here:

http://cameras.reviewed.com/features/hands-on-with-the-leica-dg-nocticron-45mm-f12-gallery

• Like Like x 1
  5. shutterduster

shutterduster Mu-43 Regular

Feb 8, 2013
    Keremeos, BC. Canada
    Dave T
    Wecome Brendan

Hopefully you can be more objective and less subjective than some bloggers who can't get over their FF and APS-C etc.

We all know every image sensor ever built has its strength and weakness.

What would be nice to see and useful would be how each new addition to the system enhances it. Hopefully having you here in our friendly forum will give us, the users access to the ears of the companies designing the gear. Kind of an inside track that would get our wish lists seen and acted on :smile:

Dave T

6. bnys

bnys Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 29, 2014
    Hi Dave,
    Don't worry—we fully respect Micro Four Thirds and love it on its own merits. For scoring purposes, we compare M43 to APS-C and FF because they're all ILCs. Note that some of our top-scoring cameras are Micro Four Thirds and our Camera of the Year for last year was the OM-D E-M1.

Given the price of some top-end M43 cameras, there's inevitable discussion about how these cameras stack up to things like the A7 or any number of DSLRs, but it's only fair that we take into consideration. We have no vested interest in any one platform (we have a hard firewall between editorial and advertising and a strict ethics policy) and much of our score comes from our scientific analysis so if that interests you, please bookmark our site and TELL YOUR FRIENDS! :biggrin:

We often get asked for product feedback in meetings, and if there is anything I can help communicate to camera companies, I try to get it out there. We have great relationships with Panasonic and Olympus. I actually helped a Fujifilm X-E2 owner communicate an issue to Fujifilm's X-mount engineers, and we'll see if it makes it into a future update.

Between the itsy-bitsy GM1 and the superb E-M1, the classy GX7 and the affordable E-PM2, M43 had an absolutely amazing 2013 and if Panny and Oly can keep up the innovation and momentum, the standard will most definitely stick around. With the GH4 and E-M10, 2014 is shaping up to be another fun year for us camera reviewers (and for you M43 enthusiasts!).