Howdy from texas

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Highgrovemanor, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Highgrovemanor

Highgrovemanor Mu-43 Regular

Sep 12, 2011
    After shooting mostly sports on 35mm for the high school yearbook, I lost interest in the hobby. After getting some good lightning shots with a borrowed d90, I'm getting back into it.

Picked up a g1/14-45 when they were being blown out awhile ago, followed by the 20, and most recently the 9-18 and a used GF1 for an upcoming vacation.

Currently debating current tele options against next years 35-100.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    woooo another texas 4/3'r! :) round rock here!

post up some shots! love to see the lightning!
  3. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Welcome to the user group!
  4. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome.
  5. avidone

avidone Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 24, 2011
    Rome, Italy
    Welcome! But I thought y'all liked things BIGGER in Texas rather than smaller like a micro 4/3

Sent from my iPad using Mu-43 App
  6. Highgrovemanor

Highgrovemanor Mu-43 Regular

Sep 12, 2011
    We can talk about bigger later, just PLEASE make it WETTER! Its rained at my house exactly TWICE since the spring.
  7. avidone

avidone Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 24, 2011
    Rome, Italy
    Wish I could send you some of ours. It has been dry lately but earlier in the summer Rome seemed to gain a monsoon season. My cousin in Albuquerque said that until a couple weeks ago they had less than 1 inch for the preceding year. Guess the drought is pretty widespread

Sent from my iPad using Mu-43 App
  8. UkrainianOne

UkrainianOne Mu-43 Regular

Jul 29, 2011
    Long Island, New York
    Welcome, and btw, all my ex's live in Texas, thats why i moved to NYC lol :biggrin:
  9. shnitz

shnitz Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 25, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Speaking of wetter, I'm here in Austin. Yesterday when I looked at the forecast, there was a small chance of rain on Sunday. Now, it's showing a chance of rain for the next few days, with Friday and Sunday having scattered thunderstorms! What city are you in?
  10. UnivTex34

UnivTex34 Mu-43 Regular

May 11, 2011
    you should know better, it will never rain in austin again....

(grumbles angrily at the 86 days this summer over 100 degrees)...
  11. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Welcome aboard!!! From another Texan! And yes, it will never rain again. We had our first fire yesterday in Houston caused by the drought.