1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Howdy from Nashville!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by cpclark, Sep 11, 2013.

1. cpclark

cpclark Mu-43 Rookie

Sep 11, 2013
    Nashville, Tennessee, USA
    Christopher Paul
    Just wanted to introduce myself as I've been a forum lurker for the past two months and figured I probably should go about officially joining the site :cool:

I just recently got back into photography after about a one year hiatus by purchasing the heavily discounted E-PL3 with 17mm f/2.8 lens. I shoot mainly street photography and this camera has worked out perfectly for this purpose. I'm looking at getting a 20mm f/1.7 and a 45mm f/1.8 next for my kit.

Its pretty safe to say I'm hooked on the format! In wanted to feed my renewed GAS, I'm now in the process of selling all my unused Nikon DSLR gear to move into the :43: system fully. So far I've listed everything on Craigslist but its not been very promising.

Will people buy from me on Ebay with a brand new account without any reviews? Any suggestions for other sites to sell on?

2. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Welcome to the user group! Look forward to seeing some of your work.

3. kjun

kjun Mu-43 Rookie

Nov 23, 2010
    USA
    Howdy Neighbor

Congratulations on your new micro four thirds gear. I'm just south of you in the 'Boro. You're gonna love using these light weight cameras and lenses and the pictures they can produce. Welcome to the group.

4. mrjr

mrjr Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 25, 2012
    Hey guys. I'm also in the 'Boro. Good to see some local people on the forum!

I received my first :43: camera (G3) exactly a year ago today! Great system for a wide variety of needs and interests. Mine is primarily baby portraits of my toddler, but I do nature and a little street as well.

@cpclark- How's that 17/2.8 treating you?

Anyway, it sounds like we need to do a middle TN photo walk in Nashville sometime.

5. Dduval

Dduval Mu-43 Regular

Aug 13, 2013
    Orlando, FL
    Welcome Clark!

6. cpclark

cpclark Mu-43 Rookie

Sep 11, 2013
    Nashville, Tennessee, USA
    Christopher Paul
    I think its a fantastic little lens for street and seems sharpest at f/5.6, but that is also its weakness in that it's quite soft wide open. Not a problem normally as I like a wide dof for what I shoot and the angle of view is ideal too. That said, I hear the 20 f/1.7 is legendary so I'll probably sell the 17 and pick that up one day instead.

Definitely need to do a :43: photo walk downtown sometime soon. Maybe once the weather gets nice again :thumbup:

7. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
  8. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    Welcome aboard, Cpclark!

Regards,