How would you crop this image?

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by dnightingale, Jan 27, 2013.

1. dnightingale

dnightingale Mu-43 Regular

Oct 12, 2012
    Sydney, Australia
    Darren
    I am often drawn to snapping a few pictures of this house when I pass by. There is something I like about this picture, though I can't seem to get a crop that I'm happy with. The corrugated wall to the left is distracting, yet I like the colourful weeds along the bottom. Any suggestions would be great.

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/dnightingale/8418385655/" title="Abandoned hour near Windsor, Australia by Darren.Nightingale, on Flickr"> 8418385655_3195814f60_b. "1024" height="683" alt="Abandoned hour near Windsor, Australia"></a>

2. sabestian

sabestian Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 19, 2012
    Not much of a help here but...

8418479757_b0fd45845e_b.

But really like the second one:
    8418480019_474058ab26_b.

Who needs color, anyway.
    8418509497_f5b8fa9fef_b.

3. janneman

janneman Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 6, 2012
    Netherlands
    Jan (John) Kusters
    I would say there are two pictures in this one; one is the rural scene with the house, weeds and all. The other one is the hovering insect and the flower. The latter would have to be cropped down to a size that would only be useful for web use, but it is good to see the possibilities.

[​IMG]
    For the rural scene I would decide what elements are crucial; the house, de weeds in the foreground, and a little bit of sky to add even more depth and space to the picture

[​IMG]
    For the bee, a slightly different point a fiw would have been better, now the flower and bee are just on the edge. by crouching a bit more with the camera, the flower and bee would have been completely against the background of the house, and without the light coloured grass, it would have stood out a bit more.

4. dnightingale

dnightingale Mu-43 Regular

Oct 12, 2012
    Sydney, Australia
    Darren
    Wow. They are great! sabestian, I like your B&W, and janneman, your first one is just how I remember the scene when I'm not looking at the picture, and your style of framing is just what I need to work on more myself.

Cheers,