1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

How would you crop this image?

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by dnightingale, Jan 27, 2013.

1. dnightingale

dnightingale Mu-43 Regular

Oct 12, 2012
    Sydney, Australia
    Darren
    I am often drawn to snapping a few pictures of this house when I pass by. There is something I like about this picture, though I can't seem to get a crop that I'm happy with. The corrugated wall to the left is distracting, yet I like the colourful weeds along the bottom. Any suggestions would be great.

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/dnightingale/8418385655/" title="Abandoned hour near Windsor, Australia by Darren.Nightingale, on Flickr"> 8418385655_3195814f60_b. "1024" height="683" alt="Abandoned hour near Windsor, Australia"></a>

2. sabestian

sabestian Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 19, 2012
    Not much of a help here but...

8418479757_b0fd45845e_b.

But really like the second one:
    8418480019_474058ab26_b.

Who needs color, anyway.
    8418509497_f5b8fa9fef_b.

3. janneman

janneman Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 6, 2012
    Netherlands
    Jan (John) Kusters
    I would say there are two pictures in this one; one is the rural scene with the house, weeds and all. The other one is the hovering insect and the flower. The latter would have to be cropped down to a size that would only be useful for web use, but it is good to see the possibilities.

[​IMG]
    For the rural scene I would decide what elements are crucial; the house, de weeds in the foreground, and a little bit of sky to add even more depth and space to the picture

[​IMG]
    For the bee, a slightly different point a fiw would have been better, now the flower and bee are just on the edge. by crouching a bit more with the camera, the flower and bee would have been completely against the background of the house, and without the light coloured grass, it would have stood out a bit more.

4. dnightingale

dnightingale Mu-43 Regular

Oct 12, 2012
    Sydney, Australia
    Darren
    Wow. They are great! sabestian, I like your B&W, and janneman, your first one is just how I remember the scene when I'm not looking at the picture, and your style of framing is just what I need to work on more myself.

Cheers,

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.