How to use 60mm?

kevinaldo

Mu-43 Regular
Finally received my copy of 60mm macro, do you dial to 1:1 and release to get super close? I am just confused and owning a macro lens very first time.

Thank you for reading :)

evilnim

Mu-43 Veteran
Yep, flick the dial to 1:1, and it will flick back automatically. Your focus point is then set at 1:1 magnification and you can move the camera to achieve focus at that magnification. I have much better luck (and it is luck, as I'm nowhere near as experienced as some of the guys here) with manual focus with the 60mm.

It's awesome, I love it.

zensu

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Bobby
Yep, flick the dial to 1:1, and it will flick back automatically. Your focus point is then set at 1:1 magnification and you can move the camera to achieve focus at that magnification. I have much better luck (and it is luck, as I'm nowhere near as experienced as some of the guys here) with manual focus with the 60mm.

It's awesome, I love it.
Same here, I just turn the focus limiter dial to 1:1 and move the camera back and forth to acquire focus. The focus limiter dial offers more options than any other macro lens I have ever used. Limiting focus can significantly help the lens auto-focus, of course for super close up work I find manual focus better, IMHO.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom