1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

How to update the software on 14-140mm

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by youry, Mar 5, 2011.

1. youry

youry Mu-43 Regular

Nov 9, 2010
    Winston Salem, NC
    I simply cannot figure this out. I go on Panasonic's page to download the version 1.3 for the 14-140mm lens and I always get the same message "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" and I've never been able to get to download the update. I tried on 3 differenet computers one with XP and 2 that have Win7.
    Here is the link! Can anyone figure this out?

2. mauve

mauve Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 9, 2010
    Paris, France
    Their link is badly broken ; not your fault, the url displays an interesting mix of badly handled cut'n'pastes.

The ftp repository is at ftp://ftp.panasonic.com/pub/Panasonic/

Been digging this further, and found it finally :

Latest fw for your lens is :

ftp://ftp.panasonic.com:/pub/Panasonic/call_center/firmware/DSC/H-VS014140/OTHERS/ES100314.lin

ISTM that this file is for v. 1.4 ; if you really need v. 1.3 (older), link is :

ftp://ftp.panasonic.com:/pub/Panasonic/call_center/firmware/DSC/H-VS014140/OTHERS/ES100313.lin

I d/l'ed v. 1.4, so I can mail it to you if need be;

IMHO, their whole ftp site is a mess.

• Like Like x 1
  3. youry

youry Mu-43 Regular

Nov 9, 2010
    Winston Salem, NC
    I would have never figure this out. Thank you. Already installed

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.