1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

How to Unsubscribe from a Thread

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by pusser, Apr 11, 2013.

1. pusser

pusser New to Mu-43

Dec 11, 2012
    Canberra Australia
    Syd Lemon
    Hi, I cannot work out how to snub scribe from a thread. I did find a thread by searching but that referred to "thread tools". I cannot find them on the stand alone app or the Taptalk version.

Thanks

Syd

2. ginggreenaninja

ginggreenaninja Mu-43 Regular

Dec 7, 2010
    South Yorkshire
    Hit Thread Tools near the top of the page to drop a list, of which contains an option to unsubscribe.

3. pusser

pusser New to Mu-43

Dec 11, 2012
    Canberra Australia
    Syd Lemon
    In the stand alone app and he tap talk version there are no thread tools at the top of the page that I can see.

4. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    In the Android version of the Mu43 app you can go into the thread you wish to unsubscribe to, then hit the "menu" button, then select "Unsubscribe". If you have only a "Subscribe" menu option instead (this seems to be a bug), select "Subscribe", then go back in and it should now show "Unsubscribe" and select that.

If you're using the iOS version, then I can't help you, but I expect the process might be similar.

5. ginggreenaninja

ginggreenaninja Mu-43 Regular

Dec 7, 2010
    South Yorkshire

Similar, there's a Remove Notification button on the top right of the thread.

6. pusser

pusser New to Mu-43

Dec 11, 2012
    Canberra Australia
    Syd Lemon
    Thanks. I do use the IOS version and I tried the android fix but the option to unsubscribe does not appear in either the stand alone or Taptalk version. It seems odd that it is a bug. surely many members have tried to unsubscribe from threads before?

7. newbert

newbert Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 22, 2012
    Glens Falls, NY
    On my PC (using IE 9), I can't unsubscribe from a subscribed thread that I'm currently viewing. There's no "unsubscribe" option uder "Thread Tools". However, If I go to "User CP" then list all threads I'm subscribed to, I can unsubscribe there, by checking the checkbox next to the thread, and then selecting "Delete Subscription".

This behavior only happens at mu-43.com (from sites that I frequent). Other sites using the same software allow me to unsubscribe from within the thread. So perhaps this is some sort of bug, or perhaps some setting needs to be adjusted?

8. pusser

pusser New to Mu-43

Dec 11, 2012
    Canberra Australia
    Syd Lemon
    Solved.

A bit red faced here. While I searched the threads and FAQs but neglected to go to "more" then there is help and it tells you to swipe from right to left and the option to delete the thread from your subscriptions appears. What is more it works! Thanks to all who replied.