1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

How to turn on Super Control Panel, EM5ii

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by PacNWMike, May 30, 2016.

1. PacNWMike

PacNWMike Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Dec 5, 2014
    Salish Sea
    guess?
    According to the manual just press the OK button but ... nothing.

2. manju69

manju69 Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 1, 2011
    Stroud, UK
    Pete
    You have to first switch it on in one of the cog settings - right now I don't recall which one! And I dot have my e-m5 II with me. But it's there. Then the above instructions you quote work.

Sent from my iPhone using Mu-43 mobile app

3. AG_Alex2097

AG_Alex2097 Mu-43 Regular

Dec 18, 2015
    Alex S.
    It's under the gear icon -> D (Disp / Beep/ PC) -> Control Settings -> P/A/S/M -> Live SCP

;)

4. PacNWMike

Dec 5, 2014
    Salish Sea
    guess?
    I have a check in the Live SCP box. ??

5. AG_Alex2097

Dec 18, 2015
    Alex S.
    If it is check marked, it should work as long as you're in either one of those modes :/
    But even in iAuto, SCN & Art i can get the super control panel by pressing OK if i check them in the control settings

6. PacNWMike

Dec 5, 2014
    Salish Sea
    guess?
    Does not work. Must be another setting somewhere?

7. AG_Alex2097

Dec 18, 2015
    Alex S.
    I'm guessing you have one of the other ones checked as well? (eg live control)
    But then indeed, as stated in gr8five's link, press the info button to cycle through them, although it should show something if you press OK regardless though (and not, "nothing")

8. PacNWMike

Dec 5, 2014
    Salish Sea
    guess?
    I tried it both ways. With one checked and with both checked.

9. keith1200rs

keith1200rs Mu-43 Regular

Nov 8, 2011
    North Yorkshire
    I lost it on my EM10 - kept getting a selection along the bottom. The trick to get it back was to press INFO to toggle between the two modes.

10. Ross the fiddler

Ross the fiddler Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Have you looked at both pages 45 & 113 in your E-M5 Mk II (Version 2.0) User Manual? What Mode are you using?
    There are two ways to use the SCP & one is by toggling the EVF display to using EVF (manually, not by eye sensing) & that will display the SCP on a blank screen. Each value can be double tapped & the front control dial moved to change the value or double tapping again opens up the actually screen for that particular box (e.g. ISO that is in the top left).
    The other way to use the SCP is the Live SCP & that is how the manual on page 113 describes it.
    SCP selection (EM5-Mk II version2).

11. PacNWMike

Dec 5, 2014
    Salish Sea
    guess?
    OK, this morning I sat down and went through all the settings one-by-one. Turns out the eye trigger on the EVF was set to OFF. It has to be ON. I thought that I could activate the external screen by the OK button alone. So I guess i have to set a sleep time to get the screen to shut off

12. AG_Alex2097

Dec 18, 2015
    Alex S.
    Odd, i have eye detection set to OFF and it shows up fine for me, it obviously shows up on the current monitor though, so if using EVF -> SCP shows up on EVF, if using external screen, SCP shows up on external screen)

13. Ross the fiddler

Ross the fiddler Mu-43 Hall of Famer

You can turn OFF the eye sensor by holding the EVF/SCR button & rotating either dial followed by pressing OK to confirm the change. From there when you press OK it will show the SCP (if selected within the Menu with a tick or check) or other screens which can be cycled through with the Info key.